Fairfax Media Network

Kowen Forest Weather


35.32°S 149.25°E 615m AMSL

Canberra Forecast

Today 9°C
Tonight -3°C
showers

Now

6.9°C falling
Updated at 16:20 EST

ACT for Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h turning NW in the evening. Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h. Possible rainfall: 0 to 0. 4 mm Chance of any rain: 30%.

Currently at Canberra Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 6.9°C falling
Dew Point 4.0°C falling
Feels Like 3.0°C
Relative Humidity 82%
Wind icon
NW 24km/h steady
Wind Gusts 28km/h
Pressure 1010.2hPa rising
Fire Danger 1.6
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:55 EST
Sunset sunset
17:23 EST

Nearby Now

Tuggeranong 7.3°C
Braidwood 7.0°C
Goulburn Ap 6.2°C

Next 12 hours in Canberra

48-hour forecast

6pm

Mostly clear
5°C

9pm

Mostly clear
3°C

12am

Mostly clear
0°C

3am

Mostly clear
-1°C

ACT Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Wed 11:14 EST
Sheep Graziers Warning for ACT, Riverina, Central West Slopes & Plains, South West Slopes, Snowy Mountains & Southern/Central Tablelands

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Canberra 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
Aug 5
Thu
Aug 6
Fri
Aug 7
Sat
Aug 8
Sun
Aug 9
Mon
Aug 10
Tue
Aug 11

Showers

Frost then sunny

Frost then sunny

Cloudy

Frost then sunny

Clearing shower

Possible shower
Maximum 9°C 11°C 13°C 12°C 13°C 12°C 11°C
Minimum -2°C -3°C -3°C -2°C -1°C 1°C -1°C
Chance of Rain 80% 10% 5% 10% 60% 40% 60%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm
UV Index Low Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Pollen Index High Moderate Moderate Low Moderate Moderate Low
Frost Risk Severe Severe Severe Severe Severe High Severe
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 22
km/h
27
km/h
12
km/h
18
km/h
7
km/h
12
km/h
3
km/h
8
km/h
4
km/h
16
km/h
18
km/h
25
km/h
19
km/h
28
km/h
Wind Direction NW 22km/h
NW
W 27km/h
W
SW 12km/h
SW
W 18km/h
W
NW 7km/h
NW
W 12km/h
W
SSE 3km/h
SSE
N 8km/h
N
N 4km/h
N
NNW 16km/h
NNW
NNW 18km/h
NNW
WNW 25km/h
WNW
NNW 19km/h
NNW
WNW 28km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 85% 66% 86% 51% 92% 46% 92% 56% 84% 50% 86% 54% 92% 55%
Dew Point 1°C 3°C 0°C 1°C 1°C 2°C 2°C 3°C 3°C 3°C 4°C 3°C 3°C 3°C

Canberra Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:29 EST
sunrise
06:55 EST
sunset
17:23 EST
last light
17:50 EST
moon
rise
Wed 22:55 EST
set
Thu 10:32 EST
moon
Fri
Aug 7
moon
Sat
Aug 15
moon
Sun
Aug 23
moon
Sun
Aug 30

Canberra Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
Aug 5
0.0°C 10°C 0.0mm
Tue
Aug 4
-5.3°C 8.9°C 0.0mm
Mon
Aug 3
3.8°C 11.1°C 1.2mm
Sun
Aug 2
7.4°C 14.6°C 31.4mm
Sat
Aug 1
2.3°C 15.1°C 0.0mm

Canberra Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
384.1mm
71.1 Day(s)
Total For 2015
368.6mm
64 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
334.4mm
64 Day(s)
Wettest Day
53.2mm
Apr 8
Lowest Temperature
-7.0°C
Jun 2
Highest Temperature
35.2°C
Jan 2

Canberra Ap Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-5.3°C
4th
Lowest On Record
-8.5°C
9th 1994
Average This Month
1.6°C
+0.6°C
Long-term Average
1.0°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
15.1°C
1st
Highest On Record
24.0°C
30th 1982
Average This Month
11.9°C
-1.2°C
Long-term Average
13.1°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
31.4mm
2nd
Total This Month
32.6mm
2 Day(s)
Long-term Average
45.7mm
11.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
156.2mm
1974
Driest On Record
2.0mm
1994
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Tasmania's snowy cold snap revives fortunes of Ben Lomond ski field

16:31 EST

Tasmania's cold snap is providing a remarkable turnaround for the prospects of the Ben Lomond ski field east of Launceston.

Grantham floods inquiry hears Queensland Police could not fully investigate flood-related deaths

16:28 EST

The Grantham Floods Commission of Inquiry has heard the previous inquiry into the 2011 deluge prevented police from fully investigating the deaths that occurred during the disaster.

Maatsuyker Island power cut: Parks staff to assess damage after lightning strike

16:22 EST

Parks and Wildlife will send staff by helicopter to remote Maatsuyker Island off Tasmania's south coast to assess damage from a lightning strike which has affected weather forecasting.