Fairfax Media Network

ACT Weather

Current Warnings
 

ACT Forecast

  • Monday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW 20 to 25 km/h becoming light in the evening. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h during the day. Possible rainfall: 0 to 4 mm Chance of any rain: 60%.

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h tending W 20 to 30 km/h in the morning ahead of a cool E change 15 to 25 km/h in the evening. Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm Chance of any rain: 40% Around Canberra Sun protection 9:00am to 5:50pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme].

  • Wednesday Cloudy. Light winds becoming E/NE 15 to 25 km/h in the evening then tending E/SE in the late evening. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10%.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming E 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 5%.

  • Friday Mostly sunny. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 5%.

Issued Mon 16:20 EDT

ACT Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
21:40 EDT
NNW 15 17 26.8 18.6 27.8 60 6 0.0 1010.9
21:40 EDT
NW 20 30 16.8 16.3 16.8 97 1 0.2 -
21:40 EDT
N 13 13 26.8 18.9 28.0 62 5 0.0 1010.9
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NT weather: Bureau predicts week of wet weather across state

20:15 EDT

Territorians should brace themselves for a very wet week, with rainfalls of up to 300 millimetres expected in some areas.

Stormy start to the week

16:25 EDT

Severe thunderstorms are affecting three states this afternoon.

Trans-Tasman temperature contrast

15:28 EDT

New Zealand is experiencing an unseasonably cool summer, whilst parts of eastern Australia endure their hottest start to the year on record.