Weather Warnings - Canberra Fire Weather Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Fire Weather Warning
for the Australian Capital Territory.
Issued at 4:47 am EDT on Sunday 9 February 2014.
Hot and dry conditions combined with fresh northwesterly winds will lead to
increased fire danger in the ACT on Sunday.
For the rest of Sunday 9 February:
Severe Fire Danger in the following fire area:
Australian Capital Territory
The ACT Rural Fire Service warns that any bushfire that starts has the
potential to threaten lives and destroy homes.
The ACT Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can: through
www.rfs.act.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
- Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.
The ACT Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it.
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave.
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.