Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning for NT
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
CANCELLATION SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - DARWIN CITY
and OUTER DARWIN
Issued at 4:46 pm Tuesday, 29 November 2016.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer affecting Darwin City and Outer Darwin. The
immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
Maximum wind gust recorded was 87 km/hr at Darwin harbor
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* stay away from fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live
* stay away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132
500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 214. The Bureau and Northern
Territory Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.