Fairfax Media Network

Great Southern Weather

Current Warnings
 

Great Southern Forecast

  • Wednesday Becoming cloudy. Winds SW 20 to 30 km/h tending S 25 to 35 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 12 and 15.

  • Thursday Sunny. Areas of morning frost. Light winds becoming N 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then tending NW in the middle of the day.

  • Friday Becoming cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the northeast. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h.

  • Saturday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the southwest in the afternoon. Gusty winds and possible hail. Winds W 30 to 45 km/h.

Issued Wed 05:00 WST

Great Southern Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible shower
4 18 70% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Possible shower
4 18 20% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Windy with showers
4 18 20% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Possible shower
5 15 20% < 1mm Slight W 32 71 W 33 55
Windy with showers
5 16 20% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Possible shower
5 15 40% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Windy with showers
2 16 20% < 1mm Moderate - - - -
Possible shower
5 17 70% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Possible shower
5 17 40% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Possible shower
5 16 70% < 1mm Slight W 28 74 W 29 57
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Victoria weather: Intense storm predicted to weaken as it moves in from SA

18:02 EST

Communities across Victoria are bracing for powerful winds, heavy rain and flash flooding as an intense storm sweeps across from South Australia, but the system is expected to weaken as it moves east.

Live: South Australia loses power as wild weather lashes state

17:51 EST

All of as a storm front lashes the state, with homes, businesses, hospitals and airports affected.

South Australia weather: Widespread blackout in Adelaide as storm hits state

16:53 EST

Thousands of people are without power across South Australia and Adelaide's CBD has been plunged into darkness as a massive storm lashes the state.