Fairfax Media Network

Golden Ridge Weather


30.85°S 121.66°E 373m AMSL

Kalgoorlie Forecast

This morning 6°C
Today 15°C
mostly_sunny

Now

10.5°C steady
Updated at 06:20 WST

Goldfields for Sunday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the far north, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the northwest in the morning and early afternoon. Winds SE 15 to 25 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures around 15.

Currently at Kalgoorlie

24-hour graph
Temperature 10.5°C steady
Dew Point 4.2°C rising
Feels Like 8.8°C
Relative Humidity 65%
Wind icon
SSE 12km/h steady
Wind Gusts 17km/h
Pressure 1024.6hPa rising
Fire Danger 2.5
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sun

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:52 WST
Sunset sunset
17:01 WST

Nearby Now

Norseman Ap 9.1°C
Leonora Ap 9.2°C
Southern Cross Ap 7.2°C
Salmon Gums 6.9°C

Next 12 hours in Kalgoorlie

48-hour forecast

9am

Mostly cloudy
9°C

12pm

Mostly clear
14°C

3pm

Mostly clear
15°C

6pm

Mostly cloudy
12°C

Goldfields Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Kalgoorlie 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Jun 25
Mon
Jun 26
Tue
Jun 27
Wed
Jun 28
Thu
Jun 29
Fri
Jun 30
Sat
Jul 1

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Sunny

Mostly sunny
Maximum 15°C 15°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 17°C 19°C
Minimum 6°C 6°C 5°C 4°C 3°C 3°C 6°C
Chance of Rain 20% 5% 20% 5% 5% 20% 30%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Slight Slight Moderate Moderate Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 15
km/h
16
km/h
8
km/h
7
km/h
10
km/h
15
km/h
14
km/h
16
km/h
16
km/h
18
km/h
17
km/h
19
km/h
12
km/h
13
km/h
Wind Direction SSE 15km/h
SSE
SSE 16km/h
SSE
SSE 8km/h
SSE
SSE 7km/h
SSE
SSW 10km/h
SSW
SSE 15km/h
SSE
SE 14km/h
SE
ESE 16km/h
ESE
ENE 16km/h
ENE
ENE 18km/h
ENE
NNE 17km/h
NNE
N 19km/h
N
NNW 12km/h
NNW
WNW 13km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 85% 46% 74% 43% 69% 43% 79% 45% 75% 38% 70% 31% 57% 34%
Dew Point 7°C 4°C 6°C 2°C 4°C 4°C 5°C 4°C 4°C 2°C 3°C 0°C 3°C 3°C

Kalgoorlie Sun & Moon Times

Sunday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:25 WST
sunrise
06:52 WST
sunset
17:01 WST
last light
17:28 WST
moon
rise
Sun 07:38 WST
set
Sun 18:28 WST
moon
Sat
Jul 1
moon
Sun
Jul 9
moon
Mon
Jul 17
moon
Sun
Jul 23

Kalgoorlie Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
Jun 24
9.3°C 15°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jun 23
8.5°C 20°C 0.0mm
Thu
Jun 22
11.7°C 20.3°C 0.0mm
Wed
Jun 21
9.5°C 23.2°C 0.0mm
Tue
Jun 20
4.0°C 22.5°C 0.0mm

Kalgoorlie Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jun
160.7mm
34.3 Day(s)
Total For 2017
195.6mm
32 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
191.8mm
39 Day(s)
Wettest Day
48.4mm
Feb 11
Lowest Temperature
1.8°C
Jun 7
Highest Temperature
40.6°C
Jan 5

Kalgoorlie Almanac

full climatology
June Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
1.8°C
7th
Lowest On Record
-3.0°C
23rd 1981
Average This Month
8.4°C
+2.2°C
Long-term Average
6.2°C
June Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
27.5°C
1st
Highest On Record
27.6°C
15th 1947
Average This Month
21.0°C
+3.5°C
Long-term Average
17.5°C
June Rainfall
Wettest This Month
1.2mm
15th
Total This Month
1.6mm
3 Day(s)
Long-term Average
28.0mm
9.2 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
185.7mm
1968
Driest On Record
1.4mm
2008
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Skyrocketing beanies caused by winter

15:00 EST

We're now past the shortest day of the year and well into winter, so just how wintry is it in southeastern Australia? A weak cold front has just clipped Victoria and southeastern New South Wales, bringing with it frequent showers and fresh winds.

Either humid or calm - tricky month for drying clothes

12:39 EST

So far this winter much of southeastern Australian has either been too humid or too calm for the washing to dry as fast as it would normally at this time of year.

SA Power Networks paid $18.5m in compensation for December blackout

08:39 EST

A new report shows SA Power Networks paid more than $18.5 million to households that lost power in The figure was included in two reports released by the Essential Services Commission of SA (ESCOSA) into the December storm, and the .