Fairfax Media Network

Somerton Park Weather


Sale Forecast

This morning 4°C
Today 13°C
clearing_shower

Now

9.1°C steady
Updated at 03:40 EST

W & S Gippsland for Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near Wilsons Promontory, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1300 metres. Winds NW 20 to 30 km/h.
Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the early morning. Snow falling above 1100 metres. Winds W/SW 15 to 25 km/h tending W/NW 15 to 20 km/h during the day.

Currently at Sale Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 9.1°C steady
Dew Point 8.0°C falling
Feels Like 6.6°C
Relative Humidity 93%
Wind icon
WNW 16km/h rising
Wind Gusts 20km/h
Pressure 1014.5hPa rising
Fire Danger 1.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 1.2mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:28 EST
Sunset sunset
16:59 EST

Nearby Now

Bairnsdale Ap 8.7°C
Latrobe Valley Ap 8.4°C
Mt Moornapa 5.9°C

Next 12 hours in Sale

48-hour forecast

6am

Mostly cloudy
5°C

9am

Mostly clear
6°C

12pm

Mostly clear
12°C

3pm

Mostly cloudy
13°C

W & S Gippsland Weather Warnings

view all
Vic - Fri 22:41 EST
Coastal Wind Warning for VIC

National Forecast

Sale 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Jun 24
Sun
Jun 25
Mon
Jun 26
Tue
Jun 27
Wed
Jun 28
Thu
Jun 29
Fri
Jun 30

Clearing shower

Frost then sunny

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 13°C 14°C 14°C 14°C 14°C 13°C 13°C
Minimum 4°C 2°C 5°C 3°C 2°C 1°C 1°C
Chance of Rain 5% 60% 50% 30% 20% 60% 50%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Slight Moderate Slight Moderate Moderate High High
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 15
km/h
19
km/h
17
km/h
27
km/h
16
km/h
17
km/h
10
km/h
12
km/h
9
km/h
11
km/h
11
km/h
16
km/h
12
km/h
17
km/h
Wind Direction WNW 15km/h
WNW
WNW 19km/h
WNW
NW 17km/h
NW
WNW 27km/h
WNW
WNW 16km/h
WNW
W 17km/h
W
NW 10km/h
NW
WNW 12km/h
WNW
NW 9km/h
NW
WSW 11km/h
WSW
WNW 11km/h
WNW
W 16km/h
W
WSW 12km/h
WSW
SSW 17km/h
SSW
Relative Humidity 92% 56% 78% 53% 92% 67% 93% 60% 92% 65% 96% 66% 93% 68%
Dew Point 5°C 4°C 4°C 5°C 6°C 8°C 5°C 7°C 5°C 8°C 5°C 7°C 5°C 7°C

Sale Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:59 EST
sunrise
07:28 EST
sunset
16:59 EST
last light
17:29 EST
moon
rise
Sat 07:04 EST
set
Sat 17:21 EST
moon
Sat
Jul 1
moon
Sun
Jul 9
moon
Mon
Jul 17
moon
Sun
Jul 23

Sale Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Jun 23
2.0°C 16°C 0.0mm
Thu
Jun 22
8.2°C 14°C 0.0mm
Wed
Jun 21
1.8°C 14.1°C 0.0mm
Tue
Jun 20
1.2°C 16.1°C 0.0mm
Mon
Jun 19
2.2°C 15.9°C 0.0mm

Sale Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jun
283.4mm
71.4 Day(s)
Total For 2017
138.0mm
53 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
307.8mm
74 Day(s)
Wettest Day
28.0mm
Apr 10
Lowest Temperature
-0.6°C
Jun 17
Highest Temperature
38.3°C
Jan 17

Sale Ap Almanac

full climatology
June Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-0.6°C
17th
Lowest On Record
-4.5°C
25th 1949
Average This Month
3.3°C
-0.9°C
Long-term Average
4.2°C
June Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
16.9°C
16th
Highest On Record
23.2°C
3rd 1957
Average This Month
15.2°C
+0.9°C
Long-term Average
14.3°C
June Rainfall
Wettest This Month
4.0mm
6th
Total This Month
8.4mm
9 Day(s)
Long-term Average
48.2mm
16.6 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
195.2mm
1978
Driest On Record
4.1mm
1972
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Dry season in Western Australia forces Wheatbelt farmers to sell off sheep

18:30 EST

The lack of winter rain over much of Western Australia has left many crops to wither and pasture to dry out, with Wheatbelt farmers in particular being forced to sell their sheep.

Late start to winter in Tasmania

12:06 EST

Winter has finally arrived in Tasmania this week after dry and record-breaking warm start to June in Hobart.

Rain drenches Perth but fails to bring many desperate WA farmers relief

16:51 EST

A cold front over the southern half of Western Australia has dumped more than 60 millimetres of rain on Perth, and has given some struggling farmers a boost, but has failed to reach all agricultural areas desperate for a drenching.