Fairfax Media Network

Sassafras Gully Weather


37.86°S 145.35°E 474m AMSL

Mt Dandenong Forecast

Tonight 14°C
Tomorrow 19°C
possible_shower

Now

14.1°C rising
Updated at 18:50 EST

Melbourne for Friday Cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower tending high (70%) in the east, clearing this evening. Winds N 15 to 25 km/h. Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. Winds NW/NE 15 to 25 km/h.
Saturday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, mainly in the north and east. The chance of a thunderstorm about the nearby hills from the late morning. Winds N 25 to 35 km/h.

Currently at Ferny Creek

24-hour graph
Temperature 14.1°C rising
Dew Point 12.8°C rising
Feels Like 14.1°C
Relative Humidity 92%
Wind icon
N 5km/h steady
Wind Gusts 13km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 1.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 12.8mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:58 EST
Sunset sunset
17:33 EST

Nearby Now

Scoresby 16.0°C
Coldstream 14.6°C
Bulleen 16.9°C

Fire Danger Rating

MODERATE

Next 12 hours in Mt Dandenong

48-hour forecast

9pm

Mostly clear
13°C

12am

Mostly clear
14°C

3am

Mostly clear
15°C

6am

Mostly clear
16°C

Melbourne Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

Melbourne Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Mt Dandenong 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Apr 29
Sat
Apr 30
Sun
May 1
Mon
May 2
Tue
May 3
Wed
May 4
Thu
May 5

Possible shower

Possible shower

Showers easing

Windy

Possible shower

Windy

Windy
Maximum 18°C 19°C 14°C 14°C 14°C 16°C 19°C
Minimum 15°C 14°C 11°C 7°C 11°C 9°C 10°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 90% 50% 80% 20% 60%
Rain Amount 5-10mm 10-20mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 13
km/h
8
km/h
13
km/h
12
km/h
16
km/h
12
km/h
12
km/h
15
km/h
23
km/h
14
km/h
13
km/h
11
km/h
11
km/h
10
km/h
Wind Direction N 13km/h
N
N 8km/h
N
N 13km/h
N
N 12km/h
N
WNW 16km/h
WNW
W 12km/h
W
NNW 12km/h
NNW
NNW 15km/h
NNW
NNW 23km/h
NNW
NW 14km/h
NW
NNW 13km/h
NNW
NNW 11km/h
NNW
NNW 11km/h
NNW
NNW 10km/h
NNW
Relative Humidity 62% 96% 82% 70% 79% 73% 66% 56% 63% 73% 73% 61% 68% 60%
Dew Point 11°C 13°C 13°C 14°C 11°C 7°C 4°C 6°C 7°C 8°C 7°C 9°C 7°C 11°C

Mt Dandenong Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:32 EST
sunrise
06:59 EST
sunset
17:32 EST
last light
17:59 EST
moon
rise
Fri 23:11 EST
set
Sat 13:16 EST
moon
Sat
May 7
moon
Sat
May 14
moon
Sun
May 22
moon
Sun
May 29

Ferny Creek Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Apr 29
16.8°C 18°C 0.2mm
Thu
Apr 28
16.6°C 22.0°C 0.0mm
Wed
Apr 27
16.5°C 21.4°C 0.0mm
Tue
Apr 26
14.5°C 21.2°C 0.0mm
Mon
Apr 25
11.7°C 20.3°C 0.0mm

Scoresby Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Apr
226.0mm
39.7 Day(s)
Total For 2016
203.2mm
38 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
194.0mm
47 Day(s)
Wettest Day
25.0mm
Mar 18
Lowest Temperature
5.9°C
Mar 31
Highest Temperature
42.9°C
Jan 13

Scoresby Almanac

full climatology
April Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
6.0°C
24th
Lowest On Record
0.3°C
30th 2009
Average This Month
11.6°C
+1.4°C
Long-term Average
10.2°C
April Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
28.5°C
5th
Highest On Record
33.4°C
1st 2014
Average This Month
22.3°C
+2.1°C
Long-term Average
20.2°C
April Rainfall
Wettest This Month
24.6mm
22nd
Total This Month
57.4mm
7 Day(s)
Long-term Average
67.1mm
13.0 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
177.4mm
1960
Driest On Record
18.4mm
2007
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Wild dogs have reached 'epidemic' levels, according to a western Queensland grazier

16:42 EST

A western Queensland grazier believes wild dogs have reached epidemic levels in her region.

Red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning

13:49 EST

Sydney-siders were graced with a beautiful sunrise this morning, a hue of orange and pink to start the end of the week.

Adelaide's April weather unseasonably warm, with only one day so far failing to hit 20C

13:18 EST

Adelaide's April 'warmwave' has seen only one day so far this month fail to hit 20 degrees Celsius ?? the first time that has happened in close to a century, the Bureau of Meteorology says.