Fairfax Media Network

Barker Weather


Melbourne Forecast

Today 13°C
Tonight 6°C
mostly_sunny

Now

9.6°C rising
Updated at 09:00 EST

Melbourne for Saturday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a showers over western suburbs, clearing during the morning. Medium (50%) chance of showers over eastern suburbs, easing to a slight (30%) chance by the afternoon. Light winds.

Currently at Melbourne

24-hour graph
Temperature 9.6°C rising
Dew Point 5.4°C falling
Feels Like 8.0°C
Relative Humidity 75%
Wind icon
WNW 11km/h falling
Wind Gusts 19km/h
Pressure 1018.7hPa falling
Fire Danger 1.7
Rain since 9am/last hr 1.4mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:36 EST
Sunset sunset
17:09 EST

Nearby Now

Bulleen 7.9°C
Moorabbin Ap 9.5°C
Essendon Ap 8.1°C
Scoresby 7.6°C

Next 12 hours in Melbourne

48-hour forecast

12pm

Mostly clear
13°C

3pm

Mostly clear
13°C

6pm

Mostly clear
10°C

9pm

Mostly cloudy
9°C

Melbourne Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Melbourne 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Jun 24
Sun
Jun 25
Mon
Jun 26
Tue
Jun 27
Wed
Jun 28
Thu
Jun 29
Fri
Jun 30

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 13°C 13°C 13°C 14°C 13°C 13°C 13°C
Minimum 8°C 6°C 8°C 6°C 6°C 5°C 4°C
Chance of Rain 20% 60% 40% 30% 50% 60% 60%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Slight Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 9
km/h
10
km/h
15
km/h
19
km/h
9
km/h
8
km/h
8
km/h
12
km/h
10
km/h
7
km/h
6
km/h
13
km/h
10
km/h
13
km/h
Wind Direction W 9km/h
W
W 10km/h
W
NNW 15km/h
NNW
WNW 19km/h
WNW
WNW 9km/h
WNW
WSW 8km/h
WSW
N 8km/h
N
N 12km/h
N
N 10km/h
N
NW 7km/h
NW
W 6km/h
W
SW 13km/h
SW
SSW 10km/h
SSW
SSW 13km/h
SSW
Relative Humidity 82% 50% 77% 55% 87% 63% 84% 58% 85% 63% 86% 61% 82% 59%
Dew Point 6°C 3°C 4°C 4°C 7°C 6°C 5°C 6°C 5°C 6°C 5°C 6°C 3°C 5°C

Melbourne Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
07:07 EST
sunrise
07:36 EST
sunset
17:09 EST
last light
17:38 EST
moon
set
Sat 17:30 EST
rise
Sun 08:15 EST
moon
Sat
Jul 1
moon
Sun
Jul 9
moon
Mon
Jul 17
moon
Sun
Jul 23

Melbourne Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Jun 23
7.4°C 15°C 0.0mm
Thu
Jun 22
6.7°C 14°C 0.2mm
Wed
Jun 21
7.8°C 13.5°C 0.6mm
Tue
Jun 20
6.4°C 15.8°C 0.0mm
Mon
Jun 19
7.1°C 16.1°C 0.0mm

Melbourne Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jun
307.7mm
66.8 Day(s)
Total For 2017
256.2mm
52 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
249.4mm
71 Day(s)
Wettest Day
32.4mm
Feb 6
Lowest Temperature
3.4°C
Jun 11
Highest Temperature
37.8°C
Jan 17

Melbourne Almanac

full climatology
June Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
3.4°C
11th
Lowest On Record
-2.2°C
11th 1866
Average This Month
6.5°C
-0.4°C
Long-term Average
6.9°C
June Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
19.0°C
15th
Highest On Record
22.4°C
2nd 1957
Average This Month
15.5°C
+1.4°C
Long-term Average
14.1°C
June Rainfall
Wettest This Month
6.4mm
6th
Total This Month
9.6mm
6 Day(s)
Long-term Average
49.5mm
15.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
116.8mm
1991
Driest On Record
8.0mm
1858
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Dry season in Western Australia forces Wheatbelt farmers to sell off sheep

18:30 EST

The lack of winter rain over much of Western Australia has left many crops to wither and pasture to dry out, with Wheatbelt farmers in particular being forced to sell their sheep.

Late start to winter in Tasmania

12:06 EST

Winter has finally arrived in Tasmania this week after dry and record-breaking warm start to June in Hobart.

Rain drenches Perth but fails to bring many desperate WA farmers relief

16:51 EST

A cold front over the southern half of Western Australia has dumped more than 60 millimetres of rain on Perth, and has given some struggling farmers a boost, but has failed to reach all agricultural areas desperate for a drenching.