Fairfax Media Network

Central Weather

Current Warnings
 

Central Forecast

  • Sunday Cloudy. Winds N 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 20 to 30 km/h in the late evening.

  • Monday Patchy fog near the Yarra Valley in the early morning. Cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower during the morning, increasing to a high (80%) chance of showers during the late afternoon and evening. Winds N/NW 25 to 35 km/h turning W/SW 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon and evening.

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the late morning and afternoon. Winds W/SW 20 to 30 km/h tending S/SW 15 to 25 km/h in the late afternoon then tending W/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.

  • Wednesday Cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Winds W/SW 15 to 20 km/h turning S/SE during the afternoon.

  • Thursday Mostly sunny. Patchy morning fog in the east. Medium (40%) chance of showers near the Otways. Winds S/SE 15 to 20 km/h tending E/SE during the morning then becoming light during the day.

Issued Sun 16:15 EST

Central Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
9 18 10% < 1mm Nil N 8 78 NNW 9 63
Mostly sunny
6 20 10% < 1mm Nil N 11 87 NNW 17 59
Mostly sunny
4 16 10% < 1mm Slight NNE 16 86 N 21 61
Mostly sunny
7 19 10% < 1mm Nil N 8 78 NNW 10 55
Mostly sunny
7 20 10% < 1mm Nil N 6 88 NNW 12 61
Mostly sunny
10 19 10% < 1mm Nil N 8 75 N 8 57
Mostly sunny
10 19 10% < 1mm Nil N 8 76 NNW 10 57
Mostly sunny
6 18 10% < 1mm Nil N 6 83 NNW 12 56
Mostly sunny
8 20 5% < 1mm Nil N 7 74 NNW 10 57
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Colder showery change moving through southern states

16:08 EST

A front is bringing a colder showery change to southern Australia, dropping temperatures by five-to-10 degrees.

North Queensland chills

09:54 EST

Some inland areas of Northern Queensland have had their coldest April morning in at least 60 years.

Fog and low cloud glooming southern Australia

14:41 EST

Large areas of southern Australia can expect a foggy start to the next few mornings, reducing visibility for the first few hours, even in the southeastern capitals.