Fairfax Media Network

Sulphur Weather


41.45°S 145.46°E 580m AMSL

Luncheon Hill Forecast

This morning 4°C
Today 13°C
mostly_sunny

Now

3.0°C steady
Updated at 03:40 EST

West & Sth Coast for Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Possible hail. Winds S/SW 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the late evening.
Thursday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. Snow falling above 1100 metres. Light winds becoming W/NW 20 to 30 km/h in the morning. Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low].

Currently at Luncheon Hill

24-hour graph
Temperature 3.0°C steady
Dew Point 1.8°C falling
Feels Like 0.5°C
Relative Humidity 92%
Wind icon
S 9km/h rising
Wind Gusts 9km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 0.7
Rain since 9am/last hr 1.6mm / -

Sun on Thu

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:01 EST
Sunset sunset
17:32 EST

Nearby Now

Mt Read -1.2°C
Wynyard Ap 0.7°C
Sheffield 2.2°C
Smithton Ap 2.7°C

Next 12 hours in Mt Read

48-hour forecast

6am

Mostly cloudy
-1°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
1°C

12pm

Slight chance shower
2°C

3pm

Rain
3°C

West & Sth Coast Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Wed 21:55 EST
Frost Warning for Tasmania

National Forecast

Luncheon Hill 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Thu
Apr 27
Fri
Apr 28
Sat
Apr 29
Sun
Apr 30
Mon
May 1
Tue
May 2
Wed
May 3

Mostly sunny

Mostly cloudy

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny
Maximum 13°C 15°C 15°C 15°C 14°C 11°C 12°C
Minimum 4°C 10°C 10°C 6°C 10°C 6°C 4°C
Chance of Rain 20% 20% 5% 70% 80% 50% 10%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Slight Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 10
km/h
13
km/h
16
km/h
20
km/h
20
km/h
17
km/h
6
km/h
14
km/h
20
km/h
19
km/h
15
km/h
18
km/h
16
km/h
16
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 10km/h
WSW
W 13km/h
W
W 16km/h
W
W 20km/h
W
SW 20km/h
SW
SW 17km/h
SW
NW 6km/h
NW
NW 14km/h
NW
NNW 20km/h
NNW
WNW 19km/h
WNW
WSW 15km/h
WSW
WSW 18km/h
WSW
SSW 16km/h
SSW
SW 16km/h
SW
Relative Humidity 73% 76% 85% 82% 80% 70% 79% 73% 89% 86% 74% 68% 70% 65%
Dew Point 4°C 8°C 10°C 12°C 9°C 9°C 7°C 9°C 12°C 11°C 4°C 4°C 4°C 5°C

Luncheon Hill Sun & Moon Times

Thursday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:33 EST
sunrise
07:01 EST
sunset
17:32 EST
last light
18:01 EST
moon
rise
Thu 07:24 EST
set
Thu 18:23 EST
moon
Wed
May 3
moon
Thu
May 11
moon
Fri
May 19
moon
Fri
May 26

Luncheon Hill Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
Apr 26
5.0°C 10°C 8.8mm
Tue
Apr 25
10.3°C 15.2°C 1.2mm
Mon
Apr 24
12.9°C 16.7°C 12.4mm
Sun
Apr 23
13.3°C 16.1°C 15.6mm
Sat
Apr 22
14.1°C 18.2°C 1.6mm

Luncheon Hill Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Apr
324.6mm
64.8 Day(s)
Total For 2017
259.4mm
71 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
175.2mm
53 Day(s)
Wettest Day
38.8mm
Jan 14
Lowest Temperature
4.9°C
Mar 31
Highest Temperature
29.4°C
Mar 1

Luncheon Hill Almanac

full climatology
April Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
5.0°C
26th
Lowest On Record
0.3°C
28th 2009
Average This Month
10.0°C
+1.9°C
Long-term Average
8.1°C
April Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
22.9°C
20th
Highest On Record
26.3°C
2nd 2005
Average This Month
17.3°C
+1.6°C
Long-term Average
15.7°C
April Rainfall
Wettest This Month
15.6mm
23rd
Total This Month
58.2mm
16 Day(s)
Long-term Average
108.6mm
21.0 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
208.8mm
2006
Driest On Record
36.0mm
2007
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Victoria on track for wet April after wintry blast hits state

15:20 EST

Parts of Victoria have already received almost double the average rainfall this month, and some areas have recorded the wettest April in 16 years.

Several weather systems set to pummel NZ

15:10 EST

New Zealanders are bracing for a week of wild weather.

Smoke signals the burning of heavy stubble, a hangover of last year's record NSW crop

14:56 EST

The skies above New South Wales farms have been filled with smoke in recent weeks as growers burn a huge load of dry stubble left over from last year's record crop yields.