Fairfax Media Network

Macquarie Heads Weather


Strahan Forecast

Tonight 12°C
Tomorrow 19°C
showers

Now

14.4°C rising
Updated at 20:00 EST

West & Sth Coast for Sunday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers north of Strahan, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Light winds.
Monday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely during the day. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon.

Currently at Cape Sorell

24-hour graph
Temperature 14.4°C rising
Dew Point 12.1°C rising
Feels Like 14.3°C
Relative Humidity 86%
Wind icon
E 7km/h steady
Wind Gusts 9km/h
Pressure 1022.9hPa
Fire Danger 1.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sun

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:58 EST
Sunset sunset
17:36 EST

Nearby Now

Strahan Ap 13.5°C
Low Rocky Point 13.9°C
Mt Read 9.8°C

Next 12 hours in Strahan

48-hour forecast

9pm

Chance shower
14°C

12am

Shower
14°C

3am

Shower
13°C

6am

Shower
12°C

West & Sth Coast Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Strahan 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Apr 23
Mon
Apr 24
Tue
Apr 25
Wed
Apr 26
Thu
Apr 27
Fri
Apr 28
Sat
Apr 29

Possible shower

Showers

Rain

Showers

Showers increasing

Showers

Possible shower
Maximum 18°C 19°C 17°C 13°C 16°C 17°C 16°C
Minimum 12°C 12°C 11°C 6°C 6°C 10°C 9°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90% 40%
Rain Amount 5-10mm 1-5mm 10-20mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Low Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 15
km/h
13
km/h
6
km/h
15
km/h
8
km/h
21
km/h
28
km/h
32
km/h
16
km/h
22
km/h
23
km/h
28
km/h
26
km/h
24
km/h
Wind Direction S 15km/h
S
SSE 13km/h
SSE
ENE 6km/h
ENE
NNW 15km/h
NNW
WNW 8km/h
WNW
NW 21km/h
NW
SSW 28km/h
SSW
SW 32km/h
SW
W 16km/h
W
WNW 22km/h
WNW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
W 28km/h
W
SW 26km/h
SW
SW 24km/h
SW
Relative Humidity 91% 77% 94% 79% 92% 75% 80% 61% 80% 76% 89% 79% 81% 68%
Dew Point 13°C 14°C 13°C 15°C 12°C 12°C 6°C 5°C 6°C 12°C 11°C 13°C 9°C 9°C

Strahan Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:31 EST
sunrise
06:59 EST
sunset
17:34 EST
last light
18:03 EST
moon
rise
Mon 03:48 EST
set
Mon 16:30 EST
moon
Wed
Apr 26
moon
Wed
May 3
moon
Thu
May 11
moon
Fri
May 19

Cape Sorell Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Apr 23
13.3°C 18°C 0.0mm
Sat
Apr 22
15.6°C 17.5°C 0.6mm
Fri
Apr 21
14.6°C 22.2°C 0.0mm
Thu
Apr 20
13.8°C 23.5°C 0.0mm
Wed
Apr 19
11.9°C 22.6°C 0.0mm

Cape Sorell Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Apr
328.9mm
65.1 Day(s)
Total For 2017
182.8mm
64 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
215.0mm
54 Day(s)
Wettest Day
21.2mm
Feb 19
Lowest Temperature
7.8°C
Feb 19
Highest Temperature
26.8°C
Jan 7

Cape Sorell Almanac

full climatology
April Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
8.0°C
3rd
Lowest On Record
3.9°C
14th 1963
Average This Month
12.2°C
+1.5°C
Long-term Average
10.7°C
April Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
23.5°C
20th
Highest On Record
23.2°C
1st 2014
Average This Month
18.5°C
+2.6°C
Long-term Average
15.9°C
April Rainfall
Wettest This Month
6.0mm
1st
Total This Month
24.0mm
13 Day(s)
Long-term Average
108.2mm
19.8 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
201.0mm
1951
Driest On Record
13.3mm
1923
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Far north QLD gets a drenching

09:31 EST

Heavy rain has fallen over Queensland's far north and there is more tropical activity on the cards this week.

NSW School-children say YES to sunshine

12:51 EST

New South Wales: The Premier State, the state other states love to hate.

More rain headed for South Australia

11:21 EST

While thundery clouds and showers are clearing over South Australia over the weekend, more rainfall is headed to the southern and southeastern parts of the country early next week.