Fairfax Media Network

Linda Weather


42.06°S 145.60°E 300m AMSL

Queenstown Forecast

Today 12°C
Tonight 4°C
mostly_sunny

Now

10.9°C rising
Updated at 16:30 EST

West & Sth Coast for Thursday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the south, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1300 metres. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.

Currently at Strahan Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 10.9°C rising
Dew Point 5.9°C rising
Feels Like 9.3°C
Relative Humidity 71%
Wind icon
W 12km/h rising
Wind Gusts 17km/h
Pressure 1014.9hPa rising
Fire Danger 2.1
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Thu

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:43 EST
Sunset sunset
17:53 EST

Nearby Now

Cape Sorell 11.0°C
Mt Read 1.9°C
Sheffield 11.3°C

Next 12 hours in Strahan

48-hour forecast

6pm

Slight chance shower
10°C

9pm

Slight chance shower
8°C

12am

Mostly cloudy
7°C

3am

Mostly cloudy
6°C

West & Sth Coast Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Queenstown 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Thu
Sep 1
Fri
Sep 2
Sat
Sep 3
Sun
Sep 4
Mon
Sep 5
Tue
Sep 6
Wed
Sep 7

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Showers

Possible shower

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny
Maximum 12°C 14°C 13°C 12°C 13°C 14°C 17°C
Minimum 8°C 4°C 3°C 6°C 8°C 8°C 4°C
Chance of Rain 40% 10% 20% 50% 20% 50% 20%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Slight Moderate Nil Nil Nil Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 13
km/h
12
km/h
4
km/h
5
km/h
6
km/h
15
km/h
23
km/h
24
km/h
19
km/h
20
km/h
14
km/h
12
km/h
10
km/h
13
km/h
Wind Direction W 13km/h
W
W 12km/h
W
ENE 4km/h
ENE
SW 5km/h
SW
WNW 6km/h
WNW
WNW 15km/h
WNW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
WNW 24km/h
WNW
NW 19km/h
NW
NW 20km/h
NW
NW 14km/h
NW
NW 12km/h
NW
NE 10km/h
NE
N 13km/h
N
Relative Humidity 93% 79% 81% 67% 83% 75% 92% 91% 92% 90% 91% 82% 77% 67%
Dew Point 9°C 8°C 5°C 7°C 6°C 8°C 8°C 10°C 10°C 11°C 9°C 11°C 8°C 11°C

Queenstown Sun & Moon Times

Thursday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:15 EST
sunrise
06:43 EST
sunset
17:53 EST
last light
18:21 EST
moon
set
Thu 17:45 EST
rise
Fri 07:02 EST
moon
Fri
Sep 9
moon
Sat
Sep 17
moon
Fri
Sep 23
moon
Sat
Oct 1

Strahan Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Sep 1
9.3°C 14°C 7.8mm
Wed
Aug 31
10.8°C 15.1°C 4.0mm
Tue
Aug 30
2.6°C 15.6°C 0.0mm
Mon
Aug 29
1.3°C 14.1°C 0.4mm
Sun
Aug 28
3.5°C 11.9°C 11.6mm

Strahan Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Sep
1195.7mm
173.6 Day(s)
Total For 2016
1416.2mm
185 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
1045.0mm
168 Day(s)
Wettest Day
67.8mm
Mar 18
Lowest Temperature
-0.5°C
Jul 7
Highest Temperature
34.9°C
Jan 13

Strahan Ap Almanac

full climatology
September Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
9.3°C
1st
Lowest On Record
-2.4°C
29th 1994
Average This Month
9.3°C
+3.1°C
Long-term Average
6.2°C
September Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
14.0°C
1st
Highest On Record
27.0°C
30th 2001
Average This Month
14.0°C
-0.3°C
Long-term Average
14.3°C
September Rainfall
Wettest This Month
7.8mm
1st
Total This Month
7.8mm
1 Day(s)
Long-term Average
156.5mm
21.6 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
319.1mm
1996
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1986
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

First spring soaking under way

16:23 EST

Rain and thunderstorms are spreading across southern and central Australia today as the first big system of spring pushes east.

Wine industry soon to have smartphone app advising on irrigation and harvesting

15:26 EST

The wine industry will soon have another tool at its fingertips to help navigate important on-farm decisions.

Plenty of fuel this bushfire season

14:34 EST

One of Australia's wettest winters on record has primed parts of the country for above-average bushfire potential this season.