Fairfax Media Network

Northwest Coast Weather

Current Warnings
 

Northwest Coast Forecast

  • Thursday Mostly clear. Winds SW 15 to 25 km/h.

  • Friday Cloudy. Areas of frost in the east in the early morning. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the west, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1000 metres. Winds SW 15 to 20 km/h tending W 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the late evening.

  • Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the morning. Winds W/NW 15 to 20 km/h tending N/NW during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog in the west. Light winds becoming E/NE 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

Issued Thu 16:25 EST

Northwest Coast Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
15:00 EST
W 4   14.7 2.4 14.7 43 5 0 -
23:00 EST
W 9 15 7.6 - 5.9 - - - 1016.0
23:00 EST
SW 31 39 9.0 2.9 5.2 66 4 0.0 1017.2
23:20 EST
SW 30 43 9.4 3.6 5.8 67 3 0.0 1016.7
23:20 EST
WSW 13 15 5.2 1.7 2.3 78 1 0.0 1015.7
23:20 EST
SSW 19 19 3.9 1.6 -0.2 85 1 0.2 -
09:00 EST
WSW 9   8.9 6.3 7.4 84 1 6 1013.5
23:20 EST
W 17 19 4.9 0.2 1.3 71 2 0.0 -
23:20 EST
WSW 9 11 3.9 1.9 1.6 87 1 0.0 1017.0
23:20 EST
WNW 9 11 2.6 0.3 0.0 85 1 0.0 1016.2
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Snow season high becoming a low point

16:18 EST

The 2016 snow season has reached a new peak depth this week according to measurements taken today.

Late winter soaking causes flooding

16:13 EST

Rain gauges as far north as the Gulf of Carpentaria and south to Ulladulla have received decent rainfall in the last 24 hours, some of which caused dangerous flooding.

NSW weather: Bystanders 'watched helplessly' as 72yo man swept away by floodwaters

12:58 EST

A friend of a man feared drowned in floodwaters near Kyogle has told of "helplessly watching" the 72-year-old as he clung to a tree before being swept downstream.