Fairfax Media Network

Northwest Coast Weather

Tas
Sat 22:15 EST
Current Warnings
 

Northwest Coast Forecast

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 400 metres, rising to 600 metres. Winds SW 30 to 45 km/h tending W 15 to 25 km/h in the late evening.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Areas of frost in the morning, mainly in the east. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely from the late morning. Snow falling above 800 metres. Winds W/SW 15 to 25 km/h shifting N/NE 20 to 30 km/h in the late morning and afternoon. Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 1 [Low].

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the late afternoon and evening. Snow falling above 600 metres. Winds NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending NW/SW 25 to 35 km/h before dawn then tending W/NW 35 to 55 km/h in the evening.

  • Tuesday Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers. Snow falling above 600 metres. Winds W 35 to 55 km/h decreasing to 25 to 40 km/h during the morning then turning NW during the afternoon.

  • Wednesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Winds W 25 to 40 km/h.

Issued Sat 16:25 EST

Northwest Coast Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Windy with showers
6 13 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible shower
8 12 80% 1-5mm Nil W 48 71 W 52 74
Possible shower
6 13 60% < 1mm Nil W 26 83 W 38 71
Possible shower
5 10 40% 1-5mm Slight - - - -
Possible shower
7 13 80% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Showers
4 9 90% 1-5mm Slight W 18 84 W 28 73
Windy with showers
6 13 50% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Showers increasing
5 13 50% 1-5mm Slight - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Tasmania weather: Snow, hail and wind send chills throughout the state

15:25 EST

Residents are warned to take care outdoors as snow, hail and wind gusts send Tasmania into a big chill.

Line-up of cold fronts for southeast Australia

15:11 EST

Following an uncharacteristically warm week for southeastern Australia, a solid line of cold fronts are on the way to bring us back to winter with a bang.

Australia: in the midst of winter an invincible summer

13:18 EST

The fact that Terra Australis is a land of extremes is not a new concept.