you are not logged in | login or join us

Mengha Weather

  RSS

40.90°S 145.24°E 71m AMSL

Smithton Forecast

Tonight 10°C
Tomorrow 18°C
Windy with showers

Now

12.1°C rising
Updated at 21:00 EDT

Northwest Coast for Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 25 to 40 km/h.
Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 30 to 45 km/h in the morning then tending SW in the middle of the day. High.

Currently at Smithton Ap

Temperature 12.1°C rising
Dew Point 10.3°C rising
Feels Like 9.8°C
Relative Humidity 89%
Wind icon
W 22km/h falling
Wind Gusts 28km/h
Pressure 999.3hPa rising
Fire Danger 1.5
Rain since 9am/last hr 3.0mm / 0.4mm

Sun on Monday

Sunrise sunrise
05:49 EDT
Sunset sunset
20:54 EDT

Nearby Now

Luncheon Hill 9.3°C
Wynyard Ap 11.6°C
Cape Grim 13.9°C

Next 12 hours in Cape Grim

possible shower

12am

Chance shower. Very windy
13°C
shower

3am

Shower. Very windy
13°C
shower

6am

Shower. Very windy
12°C
mostly cloudy

9am

Mostly cloudy. Very windy
15°C
powered by Opticast

Northwest Coast Weather Warnings

Tas - Mon 20:39 EDT
Coastal Wind Warning for Tasmanian Waters.

Tas - Mon 13:52 EDT
Cancellation of Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Tasmania

Tasmania weather update

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Smithton 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
Dec 29
Tue
Dec 30
Wed
Dec 31
Thu
Jan 1
Fri
Jan 2
Sat
Jan 3
Sun
Jan 4
windy with showers
Windy with showers
windy with showers
Windy with showers
cloudy
Cloudy
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
clearing shower
Clearing shower
Maximum 21°C 18°C 20°C 21°C 23°C 27°C 22°C
Minimum 12°C 10°C 9°C 11°C 9°C 14°C 11°C
Chance of Rain 90% 40% 60% 50% 30% 90% 40%
Rain Amount 10-20mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Very High Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 19
km/h
34
km/h
41
km/h
42
km/h
16
km/h
19
km/h
23
km/h
25
km/h
27
km/h
32
km/h
14
km/h
14
km/h
22
km/h
21
km/h
Wind Direction NNW 19km/h
NNW
WNW 34km/h
WNW
WSW 41km/h
WSW
WSW 42km/h
WSW
W 16km/h
W
W 19km/h
W
W 23km/h
W
SW 25km/h
SW
ENE 27km/h
ENE
ENE 32km/h
ENE
NNE 14km/h
NNE
WSW 14km/h
WSW
SSW 22km/h
SSW
SSW 21km/h
SSW
Relative Humidity 73% 72% 75% 51% 64% 49% 75% 47% 68% 60% 81% 54% 79% 49%
Dew Point 15°C 12°C 10°C 8°C 8°C 9°C 13°C 10°C 11°C 15°C 16°C 16°C 11°C 10°C

Smithton Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next Occurrence
First Light Sunrise Sunset Last Light Moon Phase moon set moon rise full moon last quarter new moon first quarter
first light
05:16 EDT
sunrise
05:50 EDT
sunset
20:54 EDT
last light
21:27 EDT
moon
set
Tue 01:31 EDT
rise
Tue 14:56 EDT
moon
Mon
Jan 5
moon
Tue
Jan 13
moon
Wed
Jan 21
moon
Tue
Jan 27

Smithton Ap Past 5 Days

  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
Dec 29
15.1°C 20°C 0.0mm
Sun
Dec 28
4.2°C 20.2°C 0.0mm
Sat
Dec 27
6.6°C 20.1°C 0.0mm
Fri
Dec 26
5.4°C 19.0°C 0.6mm
Thu
Dec 25
5.3°C 20.3°C 0.0mm

Smithton Ap Year To Date

average rainfall to Dec
907.4mm
202.0 day(s)
total for 2014
750.2mm
210 day(s)
total to this day 2013
1090.8mm
203 day(s)
wettest day
26.8mm
Jul 29
lowest temperature
-1.2°C
May 7
highest temperature
34.1°C
Jan 15

Smithton Ap Almanac

December minimum temperature
lowest this month
4.2°C
28th
lowest on record
1.0°C
27th 1996
average this month
9.9°C
+0.3°C
long-term average
9.6°C
December maximum temperature
highest this month
23.7°C
11th
highest on record
30.1°C
10th 2006
average this month
20.3°C
+0.8°C
long-term average
19.5°C
December rainfall
wettest this month
18.6mm
4th
total this month
44.8mm
12 day(s)
long-term average
57.9mm
13.2 day(s)
wettest on record
118.6mm
2008
driest on record
15.4mm
2004

Mengha Weather

Current Conditions

Forecasts

» Mengha Weather on your Mobile

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Monsoon trough forecast to hit Darwin on New Year's Eve

ABC image 19:09 EDT Darwin should be set for some much needed relief from hot and steamy weather, with the Bureau of of Meteorology predicting a monsoon trough would set in over the city on New Year's Eve.

Help with Weatherzone