Fairfax Media Network

Ellerslie Weather


41.77°S 147.31°E 196m AMSL

Powranna Forecast

This morning 6°C
Today 15°C
showers_increasing

Now

9.1°C rising
Updated at 08:10 EST

Midlands for Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 30 to 45 km/h increasing to 40 to 50 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 14 and 17.

Currently at Cressy

24-hour graph
Temperature 9.1°C rising
Dew Point 5.3°C steady
Feels Like 5.9°C
Relative Humidity 77%
Wind icon
N 24km/h falling
Wind Gusts 30km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 2.1
Rain since 9am/last hr 7.0mm / -

Sun on Mon

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:00 EST
Sunset sunset
17:15 EST

Nearby Now

Launceston Ap 9.2°C
Launceston 10.1°C
Fingal 10.7°C
Scottsdale 8.9°C

Next 12 hours in Launceston Airport

48-hour forecast

9am

Mostly cloudy
11°C

12pm

Shower. Windy
15°C

3pm

Shower. Windy
13°C

6pm

Rain. Windy
12°C

Midlands Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Mon 04:54 EST
Cancellation of Sheep Graziers Warning for the Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, North West Coast and East Coast

Tas - Mon 01:47 EST
Cancellation of Severe Weather Warning for Furneaux Islands, North West Coast, North East, Midlands, East Coast and South East

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Powranna 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
May 2
Tue
May 3
Wed
May 4
Thu
May 5
Fri
May 6
Sat
May 7
Sun
May 8

Showers increasing

Heavy rain

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Showers easing

Mostly sunny

Possible shower
Maximum 15°C 16°C 15°C 17°C 16°C 19°C 19°C
Minimum 6°C 9°C 4°C 8°C 8°C 6°C 11°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 90% 90% 60% 80% 70%
Rain Amount 10-20mm 5-10mm 1-5mm 5-10mm < 1mm 5-10mm 10-20mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Slight Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 21
km/h
31
km/h
32
km/h
26
km/h
20
km/h
24
km/h
27
km/h
27
km/h
25
km/h
22
km/h
15
km/h
21
km/h
20
km/h
13
km/h
Wind Direction NW 21km/h
NW
NW 31km/h
NW
NW 32km/h
NW
WNW 26km/h
WNW
WNW 20km/h
WNW
NW 24km/h
NW
NW 27km/h
NW
NW 27km/h
NW
WNW 25km/h
WNW
NW 22km/h
NW
NNW 15km/h
NNW
NNW 21km/h
NNW
NW 20km/h
NW
SW 13km/h
SW
Relative Humidity 75% 83% 88% 86% 70% 65% 87% 84% 80% 67% 81% 76% 88% 86%
Dew Point 6°C 10°C 14°C 11°C 3°C 7°C 12°C 14°C 8°C 10°C 9°C 12°C 16°C 13°C

Powranna Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:31 EST
sunrise
07:00 EST
sunset
17:15 EST
last light
17:44 EST
moon
set
Mon 14:33 EST
rise
Tue 02:12 EST
moon
Sat
May 7
moon
Sat
May 14
moon
Sun
May 22
moon
Sun
May 29

Cressy Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
May 1
11.1°C 15°C 8.4mm
Sat
Apr 30
10.2°C 18.9°C 17.2mm
Fri
Apr 29
12.5°C 17.8°C 1.0mm
Thu
Apr 28
12.1°C 20.7°C 0.0mm
Wed
Apr 27
9.7°C 22.8°C 0.0mm

Cressy Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
189.3mm
43.2 Day(s)
Total For 2016
171.8mm
25 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
124.6mm
29 Day(s)
Wettest Day
85.4mm
Jan 29
Lowest Temperature
-0.8°C
Apr 7
Highest Temperature
34.6°C
Jan 9

Cressy Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
11.1°C
1st
Lowest On Record
-6.3°C
22nd 2008
Average This Month
11.1°C
+7.7°C
Long-term Average
3.4°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
15.0°C
1st
Highest On Record
21.8°C
4th 2005
Average This Month
15.0°C
+0.2°C
Long-term Average
14.8°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
8.4mm
1st
Total This Month
8.4mm
1 Day(s)
Long-term Average
43.9mm
13.8 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
109.4mm
2012
Driest On Record
9.2mm
2005
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Hottest May night on record for 20 Queensland cities and towns

16:00 EST

Vast areas of Queensland have experienced the hottest May night since records began, some of which stretch back to the 1800s.

Capital city April wrap-up

14:00 EST

For the majority of Australia April was warmer and drier than average.

Melbourne storm: Trees uprooted, homes damaged by out-of-season weather

12:56 EST

Strong winds and heavy rain lashed parts of Victoria overnight, with hundreds of residents calling the State Emergency Service (SES) for help.