Fairfax Media Network

Lower Derwent Weather

Tas
Thu 05:00 EST
Current Warnings
 

Lower Derwent Forecast

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 800 metres. Winds W/SW 20 to 30 km/h tending W/NW 15 to 25 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 7 and 12. Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low].

  • Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h.

  • Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Winds W/NW 30 to 45 km/h.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1000 metres. Winds W/NW 20 to 30 km/h.

Issued Thu 05:40 EST

Lower Derwent Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
06:20 EST
NNE 13 15 2.1 -0.5 -1.5 83 1 0.0 -
15:00 EST
W 15   10.1 4.0 8.1 66 3 1 -
06:20 EST
W 17 20 7.0 5.3 3.9 89 1 1.4 1009.6
06:20 EST
SW 6 6 6.2 2.3 5.1 76 1 0.0 -
06:20 EST
WNW 20 22 6.7 1.2 3.2 68 2 0.0 -
06:20 EST
- 0 0 0.4 - -1.6 - - 0.0 -
06:20 EST
NW 13 19 4.0 0.9 0.8 80 1 0.0 1010.0
06:20 EST
NW 19 26 5.6 0.5 1.9 70 2 0.0 1010.2
06:20 EST
WSW 35 44 0.5 0.6 -6.3 - - 1.0 -
06:20 EST
SW 35 37 -1.7 -2.2 -9.2 96 1 0.6 -
06:20 EST
NW 9 15 6.0 4.8 4.1 92 1 1.4 -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NSW weather: Search for man missing in floodwaters as severe weather hits

21:00 EST

Witnesses saw a man being swept away after his vehicle went into floodwaters near Lismore in far north New South Wales, police say, as a heavy downpour and strong winds hit the state's coast.

Queensland farmers rejoice after late winter rain fills in gaps

16:57 EST

After receiving record-breaking rain in June and July, parts of western Queensland have received their best August rain in nearly 20 years.

Records tumble during Queensland rain event

16:22 EST

August temperature and rainfall records have been broken across Queensland today, some of which have been in place for more than a century.