Fairfax Media Network

Port Arthur Weather


Port Arthur Forecast

This morning 7°C
Today 16°C
mostly_sunny

Now

7.3°C rising
Updated at 07:30 EST

Lower Derwent for Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 800 metres during the morning. Winds W/NW 30 to 45 km/h tending N/NW in the late morning and afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures between 11 and 17.

Currently at Dunalley

24-hour graph
Temperature 7.3°C rising
Dew Point 1.8°C steady
Feels Like 6.1°C
Relative Humidity 68%
Wind icon
NW 7km/h steady
Wind Gusts 13km/h
Pressure 1004.5hPa
Fire Danger 1.8
Rain since 9am/last hr 1.4mm / -

Nearby Now

Tasman Island 6.8°C
Hobart Ap 7.3°C
Hobart 7.9°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart Airport

48-hour forecast

9am

Mostly clear
9°C

12pm

Mostly clear
14°C

3pm

Mostly cloudy
16°C

6pm

Mostly cloudy
12°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Wed 05:00 EST
Gale Warning for SE, SW & CW coasts. Strong Wind Warning Far NW, CN, Upper E & Lower E coasts, Banks Strait/Franklin Sound & E of Flinders

Tas - Tue 16:18 EST
Minor Flood Warning for Huon River

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Port Arthur 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
May 4
Thu
May 5
Fri
May 6
Sat
May 7
Sun
May 8
Mon
May 9
Tue
May 10

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Showers easing

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Clearing shower

Windy with showers
Maximum 16°C 21°C 18°C 21°C 22°C 19°C 17°C
Minimum 7°C 11°C 12°C 10°C 13°C 12°C 9°C
Chance of Rain 20% 10% 10% 20% 40% 50% 50%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm 5-10mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 35
km/h
32
km/h
35
km/h
34
km/h
33
km/h
32
km/h
24
km/h
18
km/h
28
km/h
30
km/h
23
km/h
23
km/h
39
km/h
39
km/h
Wind Direction W 35km/h
W
NW 32km/h
NW
NNW 35km/h
NNW
NNW 34km/h
NNW
W 33km/h
W
WNW 32km/h
WNW
WNW 24km/h
WNW
NNE 18km/h
NNE
ENE 28km/h
ENE
ENE 30km/h
ENE
N 23km/h
N
NNW 23km/h
NNW
WSW 39km/h
WSW
WSW 39km/h
WSW
Relative Humidity 64% 55% 70% 65% 68% 60% 68% 63% 82% 81% 79% 70% 75% 69%
Dew Point 3°C 4°C 11°C 14°C 7°C 10°C 10°C 14°C 15°C 18°C 14°C 13°C 6°C 10°C

Port Arthur Sun & Moon Times

Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase     New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
-
sunrise
-
sunset
-
last light
-
moon


moon
Sat
May 7
moon
Sat
May 14
moon
Sun
May 22
moon
Sun
May 29

Dunalley Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
May 3
11.8°C 15°C 4.6mm
Mon
May 2
9.3°C 18.3°C 10.0mm
Sun
May 1
14.7°C 18.1°C 0.6mm
Sat
Apr 30
12.9°C 22.7°C 1.0mm
Fri
Apr 29
13.1°C 20.8°C 2.8mm

Tasman Island Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
335.3mm
77.0 Day(s)
Total For 2016
124.4mm
47 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
349.8mm
77 Day(s)
Wettest Day
19.2mm
Jan 29
Lowest Temperature
6.1°C
Feb 17
Highest Temperature
26.3°C
Feb 23

Tasman Island Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
8.1°C
2nd
Lowest On Record
1.1°C
28th 2005
Average This Month
10.6°C
+2.0°C
Long-term Average
8.6°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
16.0°C
1st
Highest On Record
21.0°C
5th 2002
Average This Month
14.5°C
+1.2°C
Long-term Average
13.3°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
7.2mm
3rd
Total This Month
8.4mm
2 Day(s)
Long-term Average
75.3mm
18.2 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
200.2mm
2012
Driest On Record
18.6mm
2007
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Victoria weather: Strong winds hit Melbourne, southern parts of state as cold front moves through

21:31 EST

A deep cold front has swept through Melbourne and parts of southern Victoria, uprooting trees and damaging buildings with wind gusts of more than 100 kilometres per hour (kph).

Dry season storm dumps heavy rain on Darwin

18:23 EST

A 90-minute downpour has seen Darwin record more than twice as much rain as usual for the entire month of May.

Wet season wraps up with below average rainfall for many Top End cattle stations

17:53 EST

Despite a promising start to the wet season, many Top End cattle stations are entering the dry season with The bulk of the season's rain came with a monsoon trough which moved over the Northern Territory in , with little follow-up rain throughout January and February.