Fairfax Media Network

Montrose Weather


Hobart Forecast

Tonight 5°C
Tomorrow 17°C
mostly_sunny

Now

7.3°C falling
Updated at 23:20 EST

Lower Derwent for Friday Mostly clear. Winds N/NW 15 to 20 km/h.
Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the evening about the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds N/NW 25 to 35 km/h. ##.

Currently at Hobart

24-hour graph
Temperature 7.3°C falling
Dew Point 4.1°C rising
Feels Like 4.3°C
Relative Humidity 80%
Wind icon
NNW 16km/h rising
Wind Gusts 22km/h
Pressure 1016.8hPa rising
Fire Danger 1.5
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:26 EST
Sunset sunset
16:49 EST

Nearby Now

Hobart Ap 7.0°C
Campania 6.1°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart

48-hour forecast

12am

Mostly cloudy
8°C

3am

Mostly cloudy
6°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
5°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
9°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Fri 22:17 EST
Coastal Wind Warning for Tasmanian Waters.

National Forecast

Hobart 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
May 26
Sat
May 27
Sun
May 28
Mon
May 29
Tue
May 30
Wed
May 31
Thu
Jun 1

Sunny

Mostly sunny

Rain

Possible shower

Showers easing

Possible shower

Late shower
Maximum 15°C 17°C 13°C 12°C 12°C 12°C 15°C
Minimum 7°C 5°C 8°C 5°C 7°C 6°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 5% 60% 60% 90% 80% 50% 20%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Slight Nil Slight Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 13
km/h
13
km/h
16
km/h
22
km/h
12
km/h
14
km/h
17
km/h
19
km/h
15
km/h
22
km/h
18
km/h
22
km/h
18
km/h
20
km/h
Wind Direction NW 13km/h
NW
NW 13km/h
NW
N 16km/h
N
N 22km/h
N
NW 12km/h
NW
W 14km/h
W
WNW 17km/h
WNW
WNW 19km/h
WNW
W 15km/h
W
W 22km/h
W
W 18km/h
W
W 22km/h
W
WNW 18km/h
WNW
W 20km/h
W
Relative Humidity 73% 53% 75% 56% 78% 58% 73% 54% 77% 61% 70% 61% 74% 65%
Dew Point 5°C 4°C 5°C 8°C 5°C 4°C 3°C 3°C 5°C 4°C 3°C 4°C 6°C 8°C

Hobart Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:55 EST
sunrise
07:27 EST
sunset
16:48 EST
last light
17:20 EST
moon
rise
Sat 08:31 EST
set
Sat 18:27 EST
moon
Thu
Jun 1
moon
Fri
Jun 9
moon
Sat
Jun 17
moon
Sat
Jun 24

Hobart Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
May 26
8.5°C 15°C 0.0mm
Thu
May 25
9.5°C 16.3°C 0.0mm
Wed
May 24
7.7°C 16.3°C 3.4mm
Tue
May 23
12.2°C 17.6°C 0.0mm
Mon
May 22
9.5°C 20.7°C 0.2mm

Hobart Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
228.8mm
57.7 Day(s)
Total For 2017
149.8mm
49 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
180.4mm
51 Day(s)
Wettest Day
34.8mm
Jan 2
Lowest Temperature
3.3°C
Apr 27
Highest Temperature
32.1°C
Mar 14

Hobart Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
5.1°C
17th
Lowest On Record
-1.6°C
20th 1902
Average This Month
8.0°C
+1.0°C
Long-term Average
7.0°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
20.7°C
22nd
Highest On Record
25.7°C
1st 1997
Average This Month
15.1°C
+0.6°C
Long-term Average
14.5°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
5.2mm
21st
Total This Month
20.8mm
11 Day(s)
Long-term Average
45.3mm
14.0 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
213.8mm
1958
Driest On Record
3.9mm
1913
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

The injustice of rain

16:47 EST

The cumulative effect of two rain-bearing systems in the last saw many locations across New South Wales exceed their monthly average rainfall by Wednesday morning.

Clear start to Vivid Sydney

16:30 EST

It will be a picture-perfect start to Vivid Sydney as lasers, stars and moonlight illuminate the harbour tonight.

Mackay tap dances its way into the Guinness Book of World Records, after Cyclone Debbie

12:49 EST

A North Queensland community battered by tropical cyclone Debbie only two months ago has found cohesion in the most unexpected of places: tap dance.