Welcome to Weather via SMS from Weatherzone. With this exciting service, it is possible to receive up-to-the-minute weather reports direct to your mobile phone.
Weather via SMS is available to anybody with an SMS capable mobile phone. You are able to select from a broad range of products:
- Weather warnings sent to your phone as soon as they are issued by the Bureau of Meteorology.
- Marine forecasts for 50 regions nationally.
- 4-day forecast selectable from 180 towns.
- Wind reports from over 300 locations nationally.
How to get your SMS Weather
- Register to become a Weatherzone member. Registration is free, only takes a moment and gives you access to Australia's most comprehensive weather information resource.
- Once you have registered, return to this page by clicking 'SMS alerts direct to your mobile' in the 'Weather your way' section on the home page.
Subscription Using our Secure Ecommerce Website
Our internet payment and subscription management system is a flexible way to receive Weatherzone SMS. Products can be selected, changed and put on hold as your needs vary. Payment is by credit card.
Weatherzone SMS is purchased in bundles of 30 messages. The pricing for the message packs is as follows:
- 30 message pack $10 (GST inclusive)
- 60 message pack $19 (GST inclusive)
- 90 message pack $27 (GST inclusive)
- 180 message pack $49 (GST inclusive)
Blustery winds and thunderstorms are lashing Victoria today as a cold front sweeps across the state.
As Tropical Cyclone Debbie strengthens off the coast near Townsville in north Queensland, residents are being warned to prepare for the worst storm to hit the state since Cyclone Yasi in 2011.
Thousands of north Queenslanders are being evacuated as Cyclone Debbie bears down on the coast, bringing winds of up to 240 kilometres per hour and possibly a four-metre storm surge.