Welcome to Weather via SMS from Weatherzone. With this exciting service, it is possible to receive up-to-the-minute weather reports direct to your mobile phone.
Weather via SMS is available to anybody with an SMS capable mobile phone. You are able to select from a broad range of products:
- Weather warnings sent to your phone as soon as they are issued by the Bureau of Meteorology.
- Marine forecasts for 50 regions nationally.
- 4-day forecast selectable from 180 towns.
- Wind reports from over 300 locations nationally.
How to get your SMS Weather
- Register to become a Weatherzone member. Registration is free, only takes a moment and gives you access to Australia's most comprehensive weather information resource.
- Once you have registered, return to this page by clicking 'SMS alerts direct to your mobile' in the 'Weather your way' section on the home page.
Subscription Using our Secure Ecommerce Website
Our internet payment and subscription management system is a flexible way to receive Weatherzone SMS. Products can be selected, changed and put on hold as your needs vary. Payment is by credit card.
Weatherzone SMS is purchased in bundles of 30 messages. The pricing for the message packs is as follows:
- 30 message pack $10 (GST inclusive)
- 60 message pack $19 (GST inclusive)
- 90 message pack $27 (GST inclusive)
- 180 message pack $49 (GST inclusive)
Winter is finally over, so what can we expect for the next few months and, more importantly, why? Sean Carson at the Bureau of Meteorology said springtime in the capital is marked by warmer, windier weather.
The latest bushfire outlook indicates a heightened risk of forest fires in southern Australia this summer.
After one of the best starts to a season in a decade, disappointing winter rain has dwindled crop prospects in Western Australia's Eastern Wheatbelt.