Fairfax Media Network

Beltana Weather


30.81°S 138.40°E 228m AMSL

Leigh Creek Forecast

Tonight 7°C
Tomorrow 21°C
late_shower

Now

15.6°C falling
Updated at 18:10 CST

NE Pastoral for Wednesday Mostly clear. Light winds.
Thursday Cloudy. The chance of morning fog south of Leigh Creek. High (80%) chance of rain north of Leigh Creek, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm north of Leigh Creek from the late morning. Local heavy falls possible north of Leigh Creek. Winds NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the early afternoon then becoming S/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.

Currently at Leigh Creek Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 15.6°C falling
Dew Point 7.6°C falling
Feels Like 15.6°C
Relative Humidity 59%
Wind icon
W 11km/h rising
Wind Gusts 11km/h
Pressure 1018.4hPa steady
Fire Danger 3.5
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.2mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:33 CST
Sunset sunset
18:00 CST

Nearby Now

Marree Ap 19.0°C
Roxby Downs Ap 18.4°C
Woomera Ap 17.7°C
Port Augusta Ap 15.4°C

Next 12 hours in Leigh Creek

48-hour forecast

9pm

Clear
12°C

12am

Clear
9°C

3am

Mostly clear
8°C

6am

Mostly clear
7°C

NE Pastoral Weather Warnings

view all
SA - Wed 14:42 CST
Flood Watch for North East Pastoral

South Australia Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Leigh Creek 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
Aug 31
Thu
Sep 1
Fri
Sep 2
Sat
Sep 3
Sun
Sep 4
Mon
Sep 5
Tue
Sep 6

Sunny

Late shower

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny
Maximum 20°C 21°C 20°C 18°C 19°C 21°C 22°C
Minimum 8°C 7°C 9°C 6°C 5°C 6°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 5% 40% 40% 50% 10% 20% 10%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index High High High Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Slight Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 7
km/h
10
km/h
8
km/h
9
km/h
19
km/h
24
km/h
12
km/h
20
km/h
8
km/h
5
km/h
11
km/h
10
km/h
12
km/h
13
km/h
Wind Direction SW 7km/h
SW
W 10km/h
W
ESE 8km/h
ESE
SE 9km/h
SE
S 19km/h
S
SSW 24km/h
SSW
SW 12km/h
SW
WSW 20km/h
WSW
SSE 8km/h
SSE
SSW 5km/h
SSW
ENE 11km/h
ENE
NNE 10km/h
NNE
NE 12km/h
NE
NNE 13km/h
NNE
Relative Humidity 83% 45% 58% 36% 77% 45% 74% 45% 66% 36% 53% 34% 52% 36%
Dew Point 10°C 8°C 7°C 6°C 9°C 8°C 7°C 6°C 5°C 4°C 5°C 5°C 5°C 7°C

Leigh Creek Sun & Moon Times

Thursday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:08 CST
sunrise
06:32 CST
sunset
18:01 CST
last light
18:25 CST
moon
rise
Thu 06:16 CST
set
Thu 17:55 CST
moon
Fri
Sep 9
moon
Sat
Sep 17
moon
Fri
Sep 23
moon
Sat
Oct 1

Leigh Creek Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
Aug 31
9.2°C 20°C 2.4mm
Tue
Aug 30
12.0°C 18.2°C 39.8mm
Mon
Aug 29
14.7°C 17.3°C 0.0mm
Sun
Aug 28
10.5°C 21.9°C 0.0mm
Sat
Aug 27
3.1°C 19.9°C 0.2mm

Leigh Creek Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
152.8mm
31.9 Day(s)
Total For 2016
267.4mm
60 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
201.4mm
37 Day(s)
Wettest Day
39.8mm
Aug 30
Lowest Temperature
-1.1°C
Jul 15
Highest Temperature
43.6°C
Jan 12

Leigh Creek Ap Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
2.4°C
4th
Lowest On Record
-1.2°C
8th 2008
Average This Month
6.4°C
+0.3°C
Long-term Average
6.1°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
26.0°C
17th
Highest On Record
32.0°C
24th 1995
Average This Month
19.2°C
+0.1°C
Long-term Average
19.1°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
39.8mm
30th
Total This Month
64.4mm
10 Day(s)
Long-term Average
15.0mm
4.7 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
51.0mm
2000
Driest On Record
0.0mm
2006
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Rain transforms The Red Centre

18:20 EST

The heaviest August rain in decades turned central Australia into an eerie place this week, causing waterfalls and thick fog.

Ballarat's chilly reputation no hurdle for record crowds this winter

17:39 EST

Winter Wonderlights delivered a Christmas in July present to Ballarat tourism, with a 50 per cent increase in visitors to the region during the coldest month of the year.

Spring soaking to follow wet winter

16:49 EST

An impending rain event scheduled for the opening days of spring continues the pattern of wet weather which has gripped eastern Australia during winter.