Fairfax Media Network

Short Weather


Coonawarra Forecast

Today 12°C
Tonight 5°C
rain_clearing

Now

10.8°C falling
Updated at 15:30 CST

Lower South East for Saturday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain, easing to a slight (20%) chance of showers during the morning. Winds SW 20 to 30 km/h becoming light in the middle of the day then becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening. Daytime maximum temperatures around 13.

Currently at Coonawarra

24-hour graph
Temperature 10.8°C falling
Dew Point 1.8°C rising
Feels Like 9.4°C
Relative Humidity 54%
Wind icon
WNW 11km/h steady
Wind Gusts 13km/h
Pressure 1015.9hPa rising
Fire Danger 3.6
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:06 CST
Sunset sunset
17:20 CST

Nearby Now

Naracoorte Ap 10.2°C
Mt Gambier 10.4°C
Robe Ap 11.2°C
Padthaway 10.6°C

Fire Danger Rating

MODERATE

Next 12 hours in Coonawarra

48-hour forecast

6pm

Cloudy
8°C

9pm

Cloudy
7°C

12am

Cloudy
5°C

3am

Cloudy
6°C

Lower South East Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

South Australia Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Coonawarra 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Aug 1
Sun
Aug 2
Mon
Aug 3
Tue
Aug 4
Wed
Aug 5
Thu
Aug 6
Fri
Aug 7

Rain clearing

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 12°C 12°C 12°C 13°C 13°C 12°C 13°C
Minimum 6°C 5°C 6°C 3°C 5°C 4°C 6°C
Chance of Rain 60% 80% 70% 80% 50% 50% 70%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Slight Nil Moderate Slight Slight Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 13
km/h
14
km/h
20
km/h
30
km/h
22
km/h
20
km/h
15
km/h
25
km/h
20
km/h
27
km/h
14
km/h
20
km/h
9
km/h
16
km/h
Wind Direction SW 13km/h
SW
WSW 14km/h
WSW
WNW 20km/h
WNW
WSW 30km/h
WSW
SW 22km/h
SW
SW 20km/h
SW
NW 15km/h
NW
WNW 25km/h
WNW
WSW 20km/h
WSW
WSW 27km/h
WSW
SSW 14km/h
SSW
SSW 20km/h
SSW
NW 9km/h
NW
WSW 16km/h
WSW
Relative Humidity 90% 55% 80% 75% 76% 61% 84% 74% 91% 65% 93% 68% 85% 66%
Dew Point 6°C 3°C 6°C 7°C 4°C 3°C 6°C 8°C 6°C 6°C 6°C 6°C 7°C 7°C

Coonawarra Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:39 CST
sunrise
07:06 CST
sunset
17:20 CST
last light
17:48 CST
moon
rise
Sat 18:25 CST
set
Sun 07:56 CST
moon
Fri
Aug 7
moon
Sat
Aug 15
moon
Sun
Aug 23
moon
Sun
Aug 30

Coonawarra Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
Aug 1
7.1°C 11°C 1.0mm
Fri
Jul 31
0.7°C 11.8°C 2.0mm
Thu
Jul 30
6.4°C 12.8°C 0.2mm
Wed
Jul 29
6.0°C 12.0°C 0.2mm
Tue
Jul 28
4.1°C 13.8°C 2.4mm

Coonawarra Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
425.0mm
106.4 Day(s)
Total For 2015
340.2mm
106 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
453.3mm
106 Day(s)
Wettest Day
59.4mm
Jan 13
Lowest Temperature
-1.6°C
Jul 20
Highest Temperature
41.8°C
Jan 2

Coonawarra Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
7.1°C
1st
Lowest On Record
-3.6°C
3rd 1997
Average This Month
7.1°C
+1.8°C
Long-term Average
5.3°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
11.0°C
1st
Highest On Record
25.5°C
20th 1995
Average This Month
11.0°C
-3.9°C
Long-term Average
14.9°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
1.0mm
1st
Total This Month
1.0mm
1 Day(s)
Long-term Average
86.8mm
19.5 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
160.6mm
1991
Driest On Record
29.1mm
2006
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Tsunamis in Australia?

15:37 EST

With another earthquake of 5.7 magnitude being recorded today near off the southern Queensland coast, meteorologists and oceanographers are keeping a wary eye on the potential for tsunamis.

Hobart hopes for snow on Monday.

11:43 EST

A series of strong cold fronts which are moving in quick succession over southeastern parts of Australia threaten to bring low level snow over the coming days to parts of Tasmania.

Adelaide records coldest July in almost 20 years

11:36 EST

Adelaide has recorded its chilliest July in close to 20 years, with both maximum and minimum temperatures colder than average.