Fairfax Media Network

Interior Weather

Current Warnings
 

Interior Forecast

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls. Winds SE/SW 15 to 25 km/h.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the north, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls. Winds SE 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls in the south. Winds NE/SE 15 to 25 km/h tending SE/SW in the middle of the day then tending NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming W/NW 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the afternoon.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming SE/SW 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

Issued Thu 16:25 WST

Interior Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible thunderstorm
24 35 80% - Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms
26 36 90% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms
22 32 90% 5-10mm Nil N 18 72 N 16 58
Thunderstorms
24 29 90% 10-20mm Nil ESE 12 87 SE 15 80
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Severe weather warning for Tasmania's north-east, possible flash flooding

18:03 EDT

Severe weather predicted for Tasmania's north and east on Friday has prompted a public warning from emergency services.

Wet night ahead of Friday flood threat

15:00 EDT

Rain and storms could bring flooding to parts of southern and southeast Australia during the next 24 hours.

Monsoon likely for Darwin and Top End, bringing cooler temperatures, more rain

14:03 EDT

People in Darwin and other parts of the Top End may be about to get relief from recent hot weather, with the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) predicting a monsoon trough will start to affect the area within days.