Fairfax Media Network

Kimberley Weather

Current Warnings
 

Kimberley Forecast

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming S/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 32 to 40.

  • Sunday Very hot and mostly sunny. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the far north in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon then tending NW/NE in the evening.

  • Monday Very hot. Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the northwest in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds NW/SW 15 to 20 km/h tending NE/SE during the day then tending NW/NE during the evening.

  • Tuesday Very hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the northwest in the afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming W/SW 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then tending NE/SE 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

Issued Sat 05:00 WST

Kimberley Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Thunderstorms clearing
27 35 40% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms clearing
27 34 40% < 1mm Nil WSW 15 70 W 18 60
Thunderstorms clearing
26 35 40% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
27 37 40% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
23 31 60% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
25 38 30% < 1mm Nil SE 6 64 SE 11 37
Possible thunderstorm
23 37 40% < 1mm Nil WSW 6 64 SE 9 29
Thunderstorms
25 34 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
25 35 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
26 35 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
27 39 60% - Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
26 36 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms clearing
26 38 40% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
22 31 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
25 36 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
27 37 60% 1-5mm Nil N 7 70 NE 12 49
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Research finds grain growers are seeding winter crops earlier each year as climate changes

19:16 EDT

New research has confirmed that Australian grain growers are planting winter crops a month earlier than they were 30 years ago.

Rain in drought-affected western Queensland, patchy and still not enough

17:20 EDT

The first week of February has delivered some much needed rain to parts of drought-affected western Queensland, with some properties recording their best falls in six years.

Quilpie kangaroo cull cancelled after rain draws animals to greener pastures

16:59 EDT

Quilpie Shire Council has cancelled its controversial plan to cull kangaroos around the outback Queensland town after the animals left of their own accord.