Fairfax Media Network

Central Wheatbelt Weather

Current Warnings
 

Central Wheatbelt Forecast

  • Tuesday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds N 15 to 25 km/h.

  • Wednesday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. Winds W/NW 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the early afternoon.

  • Thursday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds.

  • Friday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain. Heavy falls exceeding 50 mm possible in the south. Light winds becoming E 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

  • Saturday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning. Heavy falls exceeding 40 mm possible in the south. Winds NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h tending NW/SW 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then tending S/SW 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

Issued Tue 16:25 WST

Central Wheatbelt Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Late shower
12 19 90% 10-20mm Nil W 9 100 NW 9 76
Rain developing
7 19 90% 10-20mm Nil ESE 11 100 E 10 72
Rain
12 19 90% 10-20mm Nil NW 9 100 WNW 9 79
Late shower
8 19 90% 5-10mm Nil ESE 9 100 E 10 71
Late shower
10 18 90% 10-20mm Nil ESE 9 100 ENE 10 74
Late shower
8 18 90% 5-10mm Nil SE 10 97 E 8 67
Rain developing
8 19 90% 10-20mm Nil ESE 9 100 ENE 10 75
Late shower
8 19 90% 10-20mm Nil SSE 6 100 E 9 65
Rain
12 20 90% 10-20mm Nil NW 10 96 NW 11 76
Rain developing
5 19 90% 5-10mm Nil ESE 11 100 E 10 74
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Grantham floods inquiry: Concerns raised about quarry wall years before 2011 flood, commission hears

20:14 EST

The Grantham Floods Commission of Inquiry has been shown graphic vision of the Lockyer Creek breaking its banks upstream from the Grantham quarry during the deadly 2011 disaster.

Parts of NSW on track for coldest July in around 17 years

19:12 EST

For many across New South Wales, July has been a cold month and for the younger generation, many won't be able to remember a month so cold.

Melbourne on target for coldest July in 17 years

14:23 EST

Melbourne is struggling through a July more typical of the mid 1900's.