Fairfax Media Network

W & S Gippsland Weather

Current Warnings
 

W & S Gippsland Forecast

  • Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near Wilsons Promontory, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1300 metres. Winds NW 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the early morning. Snow falling above 1100 metres. Winds W/SW 15 to 25 km/h tending W/NW 15 to 20 km/h during the day.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Areas of frost and patchy fog in the east in the early morning. Very high (95%) chance of showers near Wilsons Promontory, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1100 metres. Winds W/NW 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Monday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1300 metres. Winds W/NW 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the afternoon.

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost about the ranges. Areas of morning fog. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the west, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1200 metres. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

Issued Fri 16:18 EST

W & S Gippsland Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Clearing shower
3 12 40% < 1mm Moderate WNW 10 91 WNW 19 66
Snow showers
-1 -2 60% < 1mm Severe W 13 94 WNW 12 91
Clearing shower
7 10 5% < 1mm Nil W 9 85 W 6 64
Clearing shower
6 10 5% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Clearing shower
4 13 5% < 1mm Slight WNW 15 92 WNW 19 56
Wind and showers easing
10 12 70% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Dry season in Western Australia forces Wheatbelt farmers to sell off sheep

18:30 EST

The lack of winter rain over much of Western Australia has left many crops to wither and pasture to dry out, with Wheatbelt farmers in particular being forced to sell their sheep.

Late start to winter in Tasmania

12:06 EST

Winter has finally arrived in Tasmania this week after dry and record-breaking warm start to June in Hobart.

Rain drenches Perth but fails to bring many desperate WA farmers relief

16:51 EST

A cold front over the southern half of Western Australia has dumped more than 60 millimetres of rain on Perth, and has given some struggling farmers a boost, but has failed to reach all agricultural areas desperate for a drenching.