Fairfax Media Network

W & S Gippsland Weather

Current Warnings
 

W & S Gippsland Forecast

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the west in the late afternoon and evening. Winds W 30 to 45 km/h decreasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the late evening.

  • Friday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the west, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1300 metres. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h turning SW 25 to 40 km/h early in the morning then tending W/SW 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

  • Saturday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the southwest, near zero chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming W/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower near Wilsons Promontory, near zero chance elsewhere. Light winds.

  • Monday Mostly sunny. Winds NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending NW/SW during the morning then tending NW/NE during the evening.

Issued Thu 17:58 EDT

W & S Gippsland Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Late shower
17 23 70% 1-5mm Nil W 21 72 W 30 59
Possible shower
8 13 70% 1-5mm Nil WNW 19 69 W 20 82
Late shower
17 24 50% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Late shower
8 21 50% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Late shower
18 24 50% 1-5mm Nil W 19 70 W 30 59
Clearing shower
14 18 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Eastern storms and southern shivers

16:00 EDT

Thunderstorms are on the move through New South Wales and southern Queensland once again today, while southern states shiver.

Summer scorcher looms for two thirds of Australians

14:12 EDT

The most widespread heat in five years could grip parts of southern and eastern Australia next week.

Turbulent Thursday in Vic, Tas, SA

15:52 EDT

Parts of Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia could be lashed by storms and damaging winds on Thursday as a cold front sweeps across Australia's southeast.