W & S Gippsland Weather
W & S Gippsland Forecast
Friday Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early this morning. High (70%) chance of showers about the ranges, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm during the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming SE/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 21 to 26. Low-Moderate.
Saturday Partly cloudy. Areas of fog in the early morning. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds.
Sunday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning fog near the coast. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the afternoon.
Monday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Fog about the ranges in the morning and afternoon. Winds W/SW 15 to 25 km/h.
W & S Gippsland Weather Forecasts
||Forecast||Min||Max||Chance of rain||Rain amount||Frost risk||9am||3pm|
||10||27||80%||1-5mm||Nil||NNE 7||98||WSW 13||60|
||9||17||90%||1-5mm||Nil||N 10||67||WNW 9||66|
||12||26||80%||1-5mm||Nil||N 3||72||S 6||47|
||12||27||80%||< 1mm||Nil||NNE 6||73||WNW 7||46|
||9||27||80%||1-5mm||Nil||NE 9||98||ESE 17||51|
||12||18||60%||1-5mm||Nil||ENE 14||97||ENE 13||83|
The last few nights have brought a spectacular light show to Tasmania, southern Victoria and New Zealand, with the potential for more to come over the next few weeks.
Grantham floods inquiry: Denis Wagner considers legal options after report finds quarry impact 'insignificant'
The former owner of the Grantham quarry is considering his legal options after an inquiry found it did not contribute to the town's deadly 2011 floods.
The Grantham Floods Commission of Inquiry has ruled the Grantham quarry played little role in the deadly 2011 flood and its owners were unjustly blamed.