Fairfax Media Network

South West Weather

Vic
Thu 15:18 EST
Current Warnings
 

South West Forecast

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the Otways, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of hail and thunder near the Otways this morning. Winds SW 25 to 35 km/h decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon then becoming W/SW and light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures around 11.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Areas of fog and severe frost in the north in the morning. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day.

  • Saturday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers near the Otways, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the afternoon.

  • Sunday Patchy morning fog in the north. Mostly sunny day. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the evening. Winds N/NW 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 25 to 30 km/h during the morning.

Issued Thu 05:40 EST

South West Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
15:00 EST
S 37   10.2 0.0 6.4 49 8 1 1026.8
16:10 EST
SW 17 20 3.7 0.1 -0.2 77 2 0.2 -
16:10 EST
S 22 28 10.9 3.9 8.3 62 4 0.0 1027.9
16:10 EST
SSW 28 39 10.4 2.3 7.2 57 5 0.2 1026.0
16:10 EST
SSW 7 11 9.6 3.4 8.8 65 2 0.0 1027.9
16:10 EST
SW 4 4 9.6 - 9.0 - - 0.0 -
16:10 EST
SSW 13 13 7.9 3.4 5.6 73 2 - 1027.8
16:10 EST
SSW 15 17 9.2 6.1 6.9 81 2 0.0 -
16:10 EST
WSW 17 22 1.2 -1.2 -3.3 84 1 0.4 -
16:10 EST
SW 19 20 7.6 4.0 4.4 78 2 0.2 -
16:10 EST
SSW 24 28 11.1 4.7 8.4 64 4 0.0 -
16:00 EST
SSW 15 24 11.6 - 9.9 - - - 1027.7
16:10 EST
SW 9 13 9.5 2.8 8.2 63 2 0.0 1028.2
16:10 EST
SSW 26 31 9.9 4.1 6.7 67 3 0.0 1027.3
16:10 EST
SSW 17 19 8.6 2.6 5.9 66 3 0.0 -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Young and in drought: why farmers and young entrepreneurs stay on in regional and remote Australia

14:07 EST

There's rarely a time when the world's driest continent is not faced with a drought.

Australian Ski resorts going under cover

13:02 EST

Australia's ski resorts are finally becoming covered by fresh, natural snow, a result of the first decent cold blast in a few weeks.

Insurers may be 'named and shamed' over delays in storm payouts

11:36 EST

Hunter Valley residents say there is a growing divide between those who have received insurance payouts, and those still fighting for money, 10 weeks after the deadly April super storm hit the region.