Fairfax Media Network

Northern Country Weather

Current Warnings
 

Northern Country Forecast

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm early this evening. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h turning NW 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

  • Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the southeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h becoming light in the evening then becoming NE 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain in the late afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late afternoon and evening. Winds NE 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 25 to 35 km/h early in the morning then turning N 30 to 40 km/h in the middle of the day.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely during the day. The chance of a thunderstorm in the east in the afternoon and evening. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h.

  • Tuesday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely during the day. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h turning W 25 to 40 km/h during the day then decreasing to 20 to 30 km/h during the evening.

Issued Fri 16:15 EST

Northern Country Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Showers
9 13 90% 5-10mm Nil NW 23 86 NW 32 72
Showers
10 15 80% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Showers
10 15 90% 1-5mm Nil NW 17 92 NW 25 77
Showers
7 13 90% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Showers
10 15 80% 1-5mm Nil NW 20 90 NW 32 72
Thunderstorms
7 11 90% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Showers
9 15 80% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Showers easing
10 16 80% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

SA weather: SES issues emergency warning for Gawler as floodwaters rise

19:20 EST

The town of Gawler and surrounding districts north of Adelaide are bracing for significant flooding, with the Army called in to help residents fill sandbags at Two Wells.

SA weather: Power outages continue for thousands after more than two days in dark

19:17 EST

Power may not be restored to Eyre Peninsula homes until the early hours of the morning after twin tornadoes and wild weather caused significant damage to transmission towers in South Australia.

NSW severe weather warning issued, damaging winds set to lash state's north

19:17 EST

Parts of New South Wales have been warned to prepare for wild weather this evening as a low-pressure system from Tasmania gets set to batter northern parts of the state.