Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h tending SE/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the evening then becoming light in the late evening. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low 20s. High.
Friday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. Winds W/SW 20 to 30 km/h becoming light in the late evening.
Saturday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming NW 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then tending W during the day.
Sunday Sunny. Light winds becoming N/NW 15 to 25 km/h during the morning.
||forecast||min||max||chance of rain||rain amount||frost risk||9am||3pm|
||8||18||60%||< 1mm||Nil||SW 17||69||SW 22||41|
||8||20||60%||< 1mm||Nil||SW 16||70||SSW 18||35|
||6||16||40%||< 1mm||Nil||WSW 24||73||SW 27||42|
11:37 EDT Locals on the Cocos Islands are preparing to spend most of Christmas Day bunkered down in their houses, as Tropical Cyclone Kate bears down on the tiny community more than 2,000 kilometres off the West Australian coast.