Fairfax Media Network

Central North Weather

Tas
Mon 05:00 EST
Current Warnings
 

Central North Forecast

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Possible hail. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the early morning with gusty winds and possible hail. Snow possible above 100 metres. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h tending W/SW 25 to 40 km/h in the morning then tending W/NW 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.

  • Tuesday Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers from the late morning. Possible hail in the morning. Winds W/NW 30 to 45 km/h becoming NW 25 to 35 km/h in the late afternoon.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. Snow possible above 400 metres. Possible hail in the morning and afternoon. Winds W/NW 25 to 40 km/h tending W/SW 20 to 30 km/h during the morning, then W/NW 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Patches of morning frost. Winds W/NW 15 to 25 km/h.

Issued Sun 16:25 EST

Central North Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible shower
-2 12 70% 1-5mm Severe NNW 13 84 WNW 28 66
Possible shower
-2 10 70% 1-5mm Severe NW 22 84 WNW 36 69
Windy with showers
2 11 90% 1-5mm Moderate WNW 32 80 WNW 44 73
Possible shower
-3 10 70% 1-5mm Severe NW 20 75 WNW 28 67
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

I thought it was supposed to be winter?

16:29 EST

Spring-like temperatures are bathing central and northern parts of New South Wales today, with some places experiencing record temperatures for this time of the year.

Rain and thunderstorms saturate southern NSW

12:27 EST

Areas of rain rolled across southern New South Wales yesterday and into early this morning, bringing some of the best August rainfall in several years for some places.

Tsunamis in Australia?

15:37 EST

With another earthquake of 5.7 magnitude being recorded today near off the southern Queensland coast, meteorologists and oceanographers are keeping a wary eye on the potential for tsunamis.