Fairfax Media Network

East Coast Weather

Tas
Fri 05:00 EST
Current Warnings
 

East Coast Forecast

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Winds S/SE 15 to 20 km/h turning SW in the evening.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 400 metres. Patches of morning frost in the north. Winds W/SW 15 to 25 km/h tending S/SW 25 to 35 km/h before dawn then turning W/NW 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon.

  • Saturday Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of rain, possibly heavy at times. Snow possible above 600 metres during the morning. Winds W/SW 15 to 25 km/h tending S/SE 25 to 40 km/h in the late morning.

  • Sunday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. Winds S 25 to 40 km/h.

  • Monday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. Winds SE 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the afternoon.

Issued Thu 16:25 EST

East Coast Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
05:20 EST
SSW 17 22 6.6 3.0 3.4 78 2 1.4 -
05:20 EST
SW 24 31 6.5 5.4 2.5 93 1 2.2 -
09:00 EST
- 0   5.0 3.9 5.0 93 1 0 -
05:20 EST
SSW 46 50 7.5 3.3 2.3 75 4 0.6 -
05:20 EST
S 15 20 8.2 3.9 5.7 74 2 0.0 1021.6
09:00 EST
- 0   9.8 7.5 9.8 86 1 0 1024.0
05:00 EST
- - - 8.1 - 8.1 - - - 1023.4
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

PNG prime minister Peter O'Neill may review Australian food import ban amid drought

01:25 EST

Papua New Guinea's prime minister Peter O'Neill says he may review a recent ban on importing Australian fruit and vegetables into the country.

NSW weather: Warragamba Dam in Sydney spills; south-coast residents count cost of flood damage

00:44 EST

Warragamba Dam in Sydney has begun spilling following days of heavy downpours, as residents on the New South Wales south coast count the cost of flood damage.

Flood warning issued for Latrobe River catchment in Victoria

00:40 EST

A moderate flood warning has been issued for the Latrobe River catchment at Rosedale in Victoria.