Fairfax Media Network

Central Weather

Current Warnings
 

Central Forecast

  • Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the west, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Winds W/SW 20 to 30 km/h tending S/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the early afternoon.

  • Sunday Cloudy. The chance of morning frost. High (80%) chance of rain in the north, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Winds N/NE 25 to 40 km/h.

  • Monday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain. Snow falling above 800 metres. Winds N 20 to 30 km/h shifting W/SW 15 to 25 km/h during the evening.

  • Tuesday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1100 metres. Winds SW 20 to 30 km/h becoming light during the evening.

Issued Fri 16:25 EST

Central Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Late shower
-2 10 90% 1-5mm Severe NNE 11 79 NNE 18 57
Rain developing
-1 9 80% 1-5mm Severe N 20 82 NNE 25 72
Rain
-2 5 90% 5-10mm Severe N 21 93 N 27 78
Rain developing
-2 11 80% - Severe NNE 17 79 N 23 62
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

A fantastic finale to the Tasmanian snow season

15:14 EST

Tasmanian ski resorts at Ben Lomond and Mount Mawson are looking back at one of their best seasons in at least a decade.

Races, rain and punters lift spirits of channel country graziers in south-west Queensland

14:14 EST

Recent wet weather and an in influx of thousands of tourists for the iconic Birdsville Races have lifted the spirits of graziers in Queensland's far south-west.

Tasmania's Ben Lomond ski field ends season on a high

12:44 EST

One of the best ski seasons in decades at Tasmania's Ben Lomond ski village will finish this weekend.