Fairfax Media Network

Central Weather

Current Warnings

Central Forecast

  • Tuesday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere, falling as snow above 1100 metres. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 4 and 10.

  • Wednesday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Patches of frost in the early morning. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming NW 20 to 30 km/h early in the morning.

  • Thursday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Snow falling above 700 metres. Winds N/NW 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 35 to 50 km/h during the morning then shifting SW 20 to 30 km/h during the evening.

  • Friday Cloudy. Areas of morning frost. High (80%) chance of showers. Snow falling above 700 metres. Winds W/SW 20 to 30 km/h turning NW 25 to 40 km/h during the morning then increasing to 35 to 55 km/h during the day.

Issued Tue 05:41 EST

Central Weather Forecasts

Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
2 7 90% 10-20mm Moderate NNW 20 94 NNW 25 78
2 7 70% 10-20mm Moderate NNW 31 100 NNW 30 88
Windy with rain
1 4 90% 10-20mm High NNW 29 100 NNW 34 87
2 9 90% - Moderate NNW 30 88 NW 32 79
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Melbourne on target for coldest July in 17 years

14:23 EST

Melbourne is struggling through a July more typical of the mid 1900's.

Grantham flood inquiry: Concerns raised about quarry wall years before 2011 flood, commission hears

13:29 EST

A neighbour alerted council to a large embankment wall being built at a quarry years before it was blamed by some locals for contributing to the deadly 2011 Grantham flood, an inquiry has been told.

Loddon, Central Goldfields shires question revised Draft Victorian Floodplain Management Strategy

09:39 EST

Two central Victorian councils have raised concerns about a revised floodplain management strategy for the state.