Fairfax Media Network

Lower Derwent Weather

Tas
Sat 00:11 EST
Current Warnings
 

Lower Derwent Forecast

  • Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the far south, medium (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds N 15 to 25 km/h.

  • Saturday Cloudy. Areas of fog in the south in the early morning. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds N 15 to 20 km/h turning W/NW 20 to 30 km/h in the early afternoon. Low-Moderate.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers at night. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h turning N/NE 20 to 30 km/h during the morning.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Winds N/NE 15 to 25 km/h turning NW 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then increasing to 25 to 40 km/h during the evening.

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the south, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Winds NW 30 to 45 km/h turning W 30 to 40 km/h during the morning then increasing to 35 to 50 km/h during the afternoon.

Issued Fri 16:25 EST

Lower Derwent Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible shower
6 18 70% - Nil - - - -
Possible shower
8 16 70% 1-5mm Nil NE 31 75 NW 14 69
Possible shower
5 16 70% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible shower
7 18 70% - Nil - - - -
Possible shower
4 16 70% 1-5mm Slight - - - -
Possible shower
7 18 70% 1-5mm Nil NNE 17 72 WNW 18 56
Clearing shower
6 18 90% 1-5mm Nil N 18 78 NW 25 70
Possible shower
3 18 40% 1-5mm Moderate - - - -
Thunderstorms
2 11 90% 1-5mm Moderate NE 21 91 WNW 23 88
Windy with showers
-1 8 70% 1-5mm Severe - - - -
Late shower
8 18 10% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms
3 12 90% 1-5mm Moderate NE 10 89 WNW 16 78
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NSW severe weather warning issued, damaging winds set to lash state's north

23:58 EST

Parts of New South Wales have been warned to prepare for wild weather overnight as a low-pressure system from Tasmania gets set to batter northern parts of the state.

Tasmania weather: Helicopter rescues family trapped in floodwaters at Huonville

22:54 EST

Three adults and two young children have been rescued by helicopter after becoming trapped in floodwaters in Huonville, south-east of Tasmania.

SA weather: Power outages continue after three nights in the dark

21:53 EST

Power may not be restored to Eyre Peninsula homes until the early hours of the morning after twin tornadoes and wild weather caused significant damage to transmission towers in South Australia.