you are not logged in | login or join us

Lower Derwent Weather

forecast summary district forecast

possible shower

Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 25 to 40 km/h turning N 30 to 45 km/h in the evening.

possible thunderstorm

Saturday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers. Snow falling above 300 metres. The chance of a thunderstorm in the far south in the afternoon and evening. Possible hail in the far south in the late afternoon and evening. Winds N/NW 30 to 45 km/h turning W 35 to 50 km/h in the morning then increasing to 40 to 60 km/h in the early afternoon. High.

possible thunderstorm

Sunday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and early afternoon. Snow falling above 300 metres. The chance of a thunderstorm and possible hail in the south in the morning. Winds W/SW 40 to 60 km/h.

possible shower

Monday Cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the morning and afternoon. Snow possible above 900 metres. Winds NW/SW 25 to 35 km/h becoming light during the day then becoming E/NE 20 to 30 km/h during the evening.

late shower

Tuesday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. Winds N/NE 20 to 30 km/h shifting S/SW 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon.

Issued Fri 16:26 EDT

current warnings most recent warnings

Tas - Fri 22:00 EDT
Coastal Wind Warning

Tas - Fri 21:17 EDT
Bushwalking Alert

Tas - Fri 21:17 EDT
Sheep Graziers Warning

View all current warnings

Lower Derwent Weather Forecasts

station
forecast min max chance of rain rain amount frost risk 9am 3pm
wind rh wind rh
°C °C km/h % km/h %
possible shower Possible shower
11 19 60% - Nil ESE 13 67 ESE 17 56
possible shower Possible shower
9 16 60% < 1mm Nil S 15 81 SE 19 63
possible shower Possible shower
8 18 60% < 1mm Nil SSE 11 73 SE 16 59
possible shower Possible shower
9 18 60% < 1mm Nil SE 9 70 SE 13 56
possible shower Possible shower
8 18 60% < 1mm Nil ENE 9 71 ESE 13 57
possible shower Possible shower
12 19 60% 1-5mm Nil NNE 13 60 ESE 18 46
possible shower Possible shower
10 21 70% 1-5mm Nil NNE 13 62 E 20 42
possible shower Possible shower
9 19 20% < 1mm Nil E 9 67 ESE 13 54
possible shower Possible shower
5 13 80% 1-5mm Nil SW 20 82 SSW 19 68
possible shower Possible shower
3 9 60% < 1mm Moderate NE 10 100 ESE 14 100
possible shower Possible shower
11 17 20% < 1mm Nil NW 18 75 E 19 65
possible shower Possible shower
6 15 80% 1-5mm Nil ESE 8 76 SE 10 62

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Help with Weatherzone