Fairfax Media Network

Lower Derwent Weather

Tas
Tue 22:01 EDT
Current Warnings
 

Lower Derwent Forecast

  • Tuesday Mostly clear. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the far south, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds W 35 to 50 km/h decreasing to 25 to 40 km/h in the late evening.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the south in the late afternoon and evening, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 25 to 40 km/h. Low-Moderate.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 25 to 40 km/h turning W 30 to 45 km/h during the morning then decreasing to 20 to 30 km/h in the evening.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the far south, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 20 to 30 km/h tending N/NW 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the south, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 30 to 45 km/h tending W during the morning then decreasing to 25 to 35 km/h during the evening.

Issued Tue 16:25 EDT

Lower Derwent Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
14 24 30% - Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
14 21 30% < 1mm Nil NW 23 70 WNW 26 61
Mostly sunny
12 24 30% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
12 25 30% - Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
11 24 30% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
14 25 30% < 1mm Nil NW 15 59 NW 17 48
Sunny
13 26 20% < 1mm Nil NW 17 56 NW 18 45
Mostly sunny
12 25 10% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
8 19 30% < 1mm Nil WNW 28 88 WNW 28 70
Mostly sunny
6 16 30% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
14 24 10% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly cloudy
9 21 30% < 1mm Nil NW 15 86 WNW 18 66
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Outback pilots deliver goods to remote NT communities and check properties as wet weather continues

18:19 EDT

Aircraft companies are flat out dropping off food and supplies to Northern Territory communities stranded by continuing wet weather.

NT weather: Crocs, floods, and food drops as Top End residents brace for more heavy rainfall

17:37 EDT

The Katherine River is set to flood as an active monsoon trough causes heavy rains and squally showers across the Northern Territory, registering the wettest day in five years.

Darwin deluge as monsoon returns

16:02 EDT

The monsoon trough has redeveloped over northern Australia this week, bringing Darwin its heaviest rain five years.