Fairfax Media Network

West & Sth Coast Weather

Tas
Wed 21:55 EST
Current Warnings
 

West & Sth Coast Forecast

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Possible hail. Winds S/SW 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the late evening.

  • Thursday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. Snow falling above 1100 metres. Light winds becoming W/NW 20 to 30 km/h in the morning. Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low].

  • Friday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely from the late morning. Winds W/NW 25 to 40 km/h.

  • Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the morning. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h tending SW 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the afternoon.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog north of Strahan. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the afternoon and evening. Winds N/NW 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 20 to 30 km/h during the evening.

Issued Wed 16:25 EST

West & Sth Coast Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Late shower
7 13 90% 1-5mm Nil WNW 30 66 NW 48 79
Frost then sunny
1 13 10% 1-5mm High - - - -
Late shower
-1 7 90% 1-5mm Severe WSW 20 93 WNW 16 100
Late shower
4 14 20% 1-5mm Slight - - - -
Rain
3 11 90% 1-5mm Slight WNW 15 87 NW 27 84
Late shower
2 15 90% 1-5mm Moderate W 11 73 NW 20 76
Rain
4 14 90% - Slight - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Victoria on track for wet April after wintry blast hits state

15:20 EST

Parts of Victoria have already received almost double the average rainfall this month, and some areas have recorded the wettest April in 16 years.

Several weather systems set to pummel NZ

15:10 EST

New Zealanders are bracing for a week of wild weather.

Smoke signals the burning of heavy stubble, a hangover of last year's record NSW crop

14:56 EST

The skies above New South Wales farms have been filled with smoke in recent weeks as growers burn a huge load of dry stubble left over from last year's record crop yields.