West Coast Weather
West Coast Forecast
Thursday Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog. High (70%) chance of showers east of Ceduna, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm east of Ceduna this evening. Winds W 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the evening then becoming W/NW 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening. Daytime maximum temperatures around 19.
Friday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers along the coast south of Ceduna, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 15 to 25 km/h tending W/SW 25 to 40 km/h during the morning.
Saturday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower along the coast in the morning. Winds SW 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the morning then becoming N/NE 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.
Sunday Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower west of Ceduna in the evening. Winds N/NE 15 to 25 km/h tending N/NW during the morning then becoming light during the afternoon.
West Coast Weather Forecasts
||Forecast||Min||Max||Chance of rain||Rain amount||Frost risk||9am||3pm|
||9||20||70%||1-5mm||Nil||W 11||87||WSW 18||66|
||7||20||60%||1-5mm||Nil||WNW 10||92||WSW 16||64|
||10||18||60%||1-5mm||Nil||WNW 16||87||WSW 16||59|
||7||19||30%||1-5mm||Nil||W 13||88||WSW 20||51|
||8||19||60%||1-5mm||Nil||WNW 17||85||WSW 19||56|
For those among us wanting to balance out our participation in Earth Hour, the Vivid Light, Music and Ideas Festival opens in Sydney this on Friday.
Australia's Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) has released modelling showing the latest El Nino cycle is over, but could now lead to a wet winter after a devastating 14 months of drought and famine across the Pacific.
As drought bites hard on large parts of remote Australia, taking its toll on the health and finances of isolated communities, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) is more important than ever.