NE Pastoral Weather
NE Pastoral Forecast
Thursday Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog south of Leigh Creek. High (80%) chance of rain north of Leigh Creek, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Local heavy falls possible north of Leigh Creek. The chance of a thunderstorm north of Leigh Creek from late this morning. Winds NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h tending S/SE in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 19 and 22.
Friday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain north of Leigh Creek, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm north of Leigh Creek in the morning. Heavy falls exceeding 50 mm possible north of Leigh Creek. Winds SE/SW 20 to 30 km/h becoming SW 25 to 35 km/h early in the morning then decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
Saturday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower south of Yunta in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds SW 20 to 30 km/h.
Sunday Mostly sunny. Winds S/SW 15 to 25 km/h tending S/SE 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the day.
NE Pastoral Weather Forecasts
||Forecast||Min||Max||Chance of rain||Rain amount||Frost risk||9am||3pm|
||10||24||10%||< 1mm||Nil||ENE 16||52||NE 17||32|
||10||25||30%||< 1mm||Nil||E 20||55||NE 16||32|
||10||25||5%||< 1mm||Nil||E 21||58||ENE 15||35|
||10||25||10%||< 1mm||Nil||ENE 16||57||NE 18||33|
||6||22||30%||< 1mm||Nil||NE 11||50||NNE 19||27|
One of Australia's wettest winters on record has primed parts of the country for above-average bushfire potential this season.
Farmers at Ouse in the Derwent Valley deserve joint state and Commonwealth disaster relief grants, the Tasmanian Flood Recovery Taskforce says.
The heaviest August rain in decades turned central Australia into an eerie place this week, causing waterfalls and thick fog.