Darling Downs Weather
Darling Downs Forecast
Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm during the afternoon. Winds NE 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the middle of the day then becoming NE 20 to 30 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 27 to 32.
Sunday Mostly sunny. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the south in the evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds NE 15 to 25 km/h turning N 25 to 35 km/h during the morning then tending NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
Monday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW/NE 15 to 25 km/h tending NW/SW during the day then tending SE/SW 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.
Tuesday Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the far east, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the north in the morning. Winds S/SE 15 to 20 km/h tending S/SW 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening.
Darling Downs Weather Forecasts
||Forecast||Min||Max||Chance of rain||Rain amount||Frost risk||9am||3pm|
||12||29||60%||< 1mm||Nil||NW 13||41||WSW 18||20|
||13||29||50%||< 1mm||Nil||WNW 6||41||SW 12||24|
||14||27||40%||< 1mm||Nil||NW 7||45||WSW 12||27|
||15||29||50%||1-5mm||Nil||NNE 8||48||WSW 11||27|
||11||28||40%||< 1mm||Nil||NW 13||45||WSW 18||23|
||8||24||20%||< 1mm||Nil||WNW 7||48||W 10||28|
||14||25||40%||1-5mm||Nil||NW 14||52||WSW 17||27|
||11||26||50%||< 1mm||Nil||WNW 7||50||WSW 13||28|
After several weeks of waiting for the saturated soil to dry out, flood-affected farmers in South Australia's biggest vegetable growing region are now pulling out their ruined crops.
Australia's 2016/17 Tropical Cyclone season officially begins on Tuesday next week.
Researchers at a Cyclone Testing Station in north Queensland have been busy creating smashed avocado, and it is not the type that goes on toast.