Fairfax Media Network

Maranoa Weather

Current Warnings
 

Maranoa Forecast

  • Wednesday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of patchy rain in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a gusty thunderstorm in the southwest later this evening. Winds N/NW 25 to 40 km/h.

  • Thursday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers or patchy rain, most likely in the morning. The chance of a gusty thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Winds N 25 to 40 km/h turning W 30 to 45 km/h during the morning then decreasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the evening.

  • Friday Sunny. Winds W 25 to 40 km/h decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the evening then becoming W/NW and light in the late evening.

  • Saturday Sunny. Light winds.

  • Sunday Sunny morning. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the southwest in the afternoon and evening. Winds N/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending N/NW 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then tending NW/NE during the evening.

Issued Wed 16:15 EST

Maranoa Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Sunny
9 29 90% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
9 29 90% 1-5mm Nil NNE 18 47 NNW 20 34
Late shower
11 30 90% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
8 30 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
7 31 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
8 30 60% 1-5mm Nil NNE 17 40 NNW 17 21
Sunny
9 27 90% 1-5mm Nil NNE 17 45 N 18 31
Mostly sunny
9 29 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

South Australia weather: Wind gusts of 83kph slam Port Augusta, lightning topples trees

16:04 EST

Wind gusts of 83 kilometres per hour have slammed Port Augusta at the top of the Eyre Peninsula, as South Australia battens down for severe weather.

Flooding to last weeks in western NSW

14:55 EST

Major flooding will continue to affect parts of central western New South Wales well into October as inundated catchments struggle to cope with record-breaking rainfall.

NSW weather: Receding river allows some flood-affected Forbes residents to return home

14:50 EST

Residents who have had to evacuate their homes at Forbes in the New South Wales central-west may be able to return if flood levels continue to recede.