Fairfax Media Network

Channel Country Weather

Current Warnings
 

Channel Country Forecast

  • Saturday Mostly clear. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the northeast, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds S/SE 15 to 25 km/h.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of gusty thunderstorms. Winds SE 15 to 20 km/h tending E/SE 25 to 35 km/h in the morning then tending E/NE 15 to 20 km/h during the day.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the late morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Winds NE 15 to 25 km/h.

  • Tuesday Sunny morning. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds N/NE 25 to 35 km/h.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds NW/NE 15 to 25 km/h tending S/SW during the day then tending S/SE during the evening.

Issued Sat 16:15 EST

Channel Country Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Thunderstorms
23 34 60% 1-5mm Nil WNW 20 50 SW 24 32
Possible shower
26 38 50% < 1mm Nil S 22 40 SW 23 26
Possible shower
25 38 80% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Possible shower
25 35 70% 1-5mm Nil NW 18 54 WSW 16 43
Possible shower
25 36 70% - Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Scorching Night for Central NT

13:00 EDT

Parts of Central NT have had their hottest morning in 7 years.

Heat coming to Sydney next week a sign of things to come

12:59 EDT

Sydney is getting set for a scorching January, with a warm-up early next week.

Climate change means workdays need to change during heatwaves, public health official warns

11:08 EDT

Workplace changes will be needed to deal with more severe heatwaves and other impacts of climate change, a public health official has warned.