Fairfax Media Network

Channel Country Weather

Current Warnings
 

Channel Country Forecast

  • Tuesday Mostly clear. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds N 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late evening.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the New South Wales border, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm, with possible heavy falls in the southwest. Winds N 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late afternoon.

  • Thursday Hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the southeast, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds NW 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the early afternoon.

  • Friday Hot. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the New South Wales border, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds N/NW 25 to 35 km/h tending W/NW during the morning then becoming light during the evening.

  • Saturday Hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds SE/SW 15 to 20 km/h tending NW/SW 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then tending SE/SW during the day.

Issued Tue 16:15 EST

Channel Country Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
30 42 30% 1-5mm Nil NW 24 39 NW 18 28
Possible thunderstorm
31 43 30% < 1mm Nil NW 24 43 NNW 25 28
Mostly sunny
27 38 90% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
31 40 90% 1-5mm Nil WNW 17 38 WNW 15 31
Sunny
30 39 40% - Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Fire fuel loads increase after recent heat in NSW

16:34 EDT

Prolonged heatwave conditions are helping elevate the bushfire threat in parts of New South Wales this week, after a slow start to the season.

Queensland weather: Heatwave conditions to return on Wednesday

16:09 EDT

A four-day heatwave that begins on Wednesday will bring the same kind of conditions that saw more than 200 Queenslanders treated for heat stroke and dehydration last week.

Federal MP calls on banks to develop offsetting options to help farmers save in the good times

16:05 EDT

A Queensland MP is calling on the major banks to develop offsetting options for farm management deposits to help landholders save in the good times.