Fairfax Media Network

Central West Weather

Current Warnings
 

Central West Forecast

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, becoming less likely later tonight. The chance of a thunderstorm, with possible heavy falls early this evening. Winds E 25 to 35 km/h decreasing to 20 to 25 km/h in the evening.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northwest, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds E 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Tuesday Mostly sunny morning. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds E/NE 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Wednesday Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm in the northwest in the afternoon and evening. Winds NE 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the afternoon.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers west of Longreach, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds N/NE 15 to 25 km/h tending E/NE 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon.

Issued Sun 19:31 EST

Central West Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Late shower
23 36 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms
22 36 70% 5-10mm Nil NE 13 50 SE 12 33
Possible shower
22 38 60% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Possible shower
22 37 60% 1-5mm Nil NE 19 47 ESE 13 32
Possible shower
19 35 90% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms
23 37 70% 1-5mm Nil ENE 17 54 SE 13 37
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Fire danger about to spike in SE Australia, drop in WA

16:21 EDT

Fire danger is about to spike in South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and New South Wales and about to drop in Western Australia as an area of hot, dry wind heads east.

Heavy rain and storms hit Queensland

13:09 EDT

Heavy storms are lashing central Queensland, whilst rain and strong winds affect the coast.

Scorching Night for Central NT

13:00 EDT

Parts of Central NT have had their hottest morning in 7 years.