you are not logged in | login or join us

Central West Weather

forecast summary district forecast

thunderstorms

Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers east of Longreach, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. A thunderstorm likely, possibly severe. Winds S/SE 25 to 40 km/h tending E/SE 15 to 25 km/h in the late evening.

possible thunderstorm

Friday Mostly sunny. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the northeast in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds E/SE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming S/SE 15 to 25 km/h in the morning.

possible thunderstorm

Saturday Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the northeast, most likely at night. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds S/SE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming NE/SE 15 to 25 km/h early in the morning.

possible thunderstorm

Sunday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds NE 15 to 25 km/h.

possible thunderstorm

Monday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds N/NE 25 to 35 km/h tending E/NE 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

Issued Thu 15:56 EST

current warnings most recent warnings

Qld - Thu 19:35 EST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning

Qld - Thu 15:58 EST
Fire Weather Warning

View all current warnings

Central West Weather Forecasts

station
forecast min max chance of rain rain amount frost risk 9am 3pm
wind rh wind rh
°C °C km/h % km/h %
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
23 37 40% < 1mm Nil NE 21 45 NE 14 24
mostly sunny Mostly sunny
22 38 20% < 1mm Nil NNE 25 43 NNE 14 18
late shower Late shower
22 40 40% < 1mm Nil NNE 21 36 NNE 13 18
late shower Late shower
22 40 40% 1-5mm Nil NNE 27 39 NE 17 15
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
20 36 50% 1-5mm Nil NNE 24 48 NNE 13 26
mostly sunny Mostly sunny
25 40 30% < 1mm Nil NNE 21 37 NNE 15 17

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Help with Weatherzone