Fairfax Media Network

Nth Goldfields Weather

Current Warnings
 

Nth Goldfields Forecast

  • Saturday Mostly clear. The chance of a thunderstorm in the north later tonight. Winds E/SE 15 to 25 km/h.

  • Sunday Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the north, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the north. Winds S/SE 25 to 35 km/h.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the southeast, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds S/SW 30 to 45 km/h increasing to 35 to 50 km/h in the evening. Damaging wind gusts exceeding 90 km/h possible depending on movement and development of Tropical Cyclone Debbie.

  • Tuesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm. Heavy falls possible in the south. Damaging wind gusts exceeding 90 km/h possible depending on movement and development of Tropical Cyclone Debbie.

  • Wednesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm. Heavy falls possible. Damaging wind gusts to 90 km/h possible depending on movement and development of Tropical Cyclone Debbie.

Issued Sat 16:15 EST

Nth Goldfields Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
15:00 EST
SSE 4   32.3 19.9 34.0 48 8 0 1007.2
01:50 EST
- 0 0 23.1 21.4 23.1 90 1 0.0 1010.7
01:50 EST
SE 6 6 25.2 15.5 26.1 55 5 0.0 1011.1
15:00 EST
NNE 13   36.6 14.7 36.0 27 23 0 1006.0
01:50 EST
ENE 7 9 26.0 18.2 27.0 62 4 0.0 1010.1
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Debbie strengthens to cat 2 on way to probable cat 4 as it continues towards Queensland coast

01:31 EDT

A cyclone off northern Queensland has intensified to a category two and could reach category four by the time it crosses the coast somewhere between Cardwell and Bowen, near Townsville, the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has warned.

Cyclone Debbie: How the BOM names cyclones

20:42 EDT

The Bureau of Meteorology has off the coast of Queensland.

Queensland braces for Tropical Cyclone Debbie

12:37 EDT

Tropical Cyclone Debbie is strengthening quickly on its journey to make landfall, likely between Lucinda and Proserpine on Monday or Tuesday.