Fairfax Media Network

Nth Goldfields Weather

Current Warnings
 

Nth Goldfields Forecast

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain in the southeast, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds S/SW 35 to 55 km/h tending SE/SW 25 to 40 km/h in the late evening. Damaging wind gusts exceeding 90 km/h possible depending on movement and development of Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie. Daytime maximum temperatures 28 to 38.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain in the southeast, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Heavy falls exceeding 90 mm possible in the southeast. Winds SE/SW 25 to 40 km/h tending NW/SW 30 to 45 km/h before dawn. Damaging wind gusts to 110 km/h possible depending on movement and development of Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. A chance of thunderstorms in the morning and afternoon. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h turning S/SW 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

  • Friday Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the east in the evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. A chance of thunderstorms. Winds SE/SW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the afternoon.

Issued Tue 05:00 EST

Nth Goldfields Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
18 30 30% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Possible shower
22 35 50% 1-5mm Nil E 12 57 SSW 6 36
Sunny
16 34 10% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Sunny
16 34 10% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Debbie eye reaches coast; BOM warns storm may last 24 hours

14:45 EDT

The eye of Cyclone Debbie is beginning to make landfall along the north Queensland coastline, after the eye of the slow-moving category four system passed Hayman Island and hurricane-force winds battered the Whitsunday Islands.

Cyclone Debbie: Track north Queensland wind speeds as it crosses coast

14:43 EDT

As Cyclone Debbie batters north Queensland, keep track of wind gusts at nine key weather stations across the day.

Cyclone Debbie: What you need to know at a glance

14:18 EDT

Tropical Cyclone Debbie has started to make landfall on the north Queensland coast.